Wood plans?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Wood plans?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 12:36 am:

I have seen several vendors selling wood kits, but have not seen any plans offered for sale. In looking through past threads I see that there was someone who had compiled and distributed some wood plans, but unfortunately he has passed on. Did anyone try to make copies for archival use of the club, or has anyone contacted the estate of the plan drawer to see if these could be redistributed?

If these plans could resurface they would probabally be of great use to many.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 07:59 am:

That was Mel Miller. His daughter was selling the plans for a while but seems to have quit doing this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johna on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 08:42 am:

I bought a set of plans for my 24 touring from Dave Huson. maybe he has what you need

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 10:53 am:

Many of us have various sets of plans. If there is a particular set you need and you post that you'll probably get a response form someone who has them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Denis Chicoine, MD on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 02:03 pm:

I made a copy for a gentleman on the forum over a year ago. All I charged was the postage and copying fees. He even gave me a little extra for my trip to the printer. Many of us have tried to get hold of the Miller's without success. I therefore don't feel too guilty about making copies for folks who need them. I want to see as many of these cars still driving as possible. Like Gary says, ask and you will probably recieve.
Noel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 03:14 pm:

When you consider the price of hardwood these days, buying a wood kit isn't that expensive and saves a ton of work unless you love woodworking. I think mine for my '24 roadster was about $500.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gavin Harris on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 03:57 pm:

How many "plates" (sheets of drawings) are there in Mels 15-22 roadster plans? I have plates 1-5 and am well on with the construction can't help but think there should be more.

Gavin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 05:10 pm:

Gavin;

I have an original copy; there are 6 plates in that set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gavin Harris on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 07:37 pm:

Gary,

Thank you.

What is on plate 6? Construction around the seat?

Gavin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 08:53 pm:

Richard
I have all of the wood plans from 1914-27 and all the missing details. I have added details that I have found also. A lot of people that have the plans are missing the details. I also have details for the bodies that have wood seat frames and back rests.
1914 roadster has 10 sheets over 20 detail sheets.
1914 touring has 11 sheets over 25 detail sheets.
1915-22 roadster has 6 sheets and detail sheets.
1915-20 touring has 8 sheets and detail sheets.
1923-25 roadster has 8 sheets and detail sheets.
1921-25 touring has 9 sheets and detail sheets.
1926-27 roadster I am missing.
1926-27 touring has 3 sheets.
I also have all the details and pictures of my early 1915 touring. It is just like my 1914 touring except the front area. I am working on making a set of plans for the early 1915. Leon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 09:18 pm:

Does anyone have a set of plans for the 4 door sedan. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 10:44 pm:

I am actually looking for a set of plans for a 1914 roadster.
I was also curious about the availability of plans for a 1913 roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 11:57 pm:

Have not seen any prints for the 1913. I lost out on the wood for a 1913 roadster. It went overseas. I wanted to make a set of plans from it. I do have the 1914 roadster plans

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 11:25 am:

Plate 6 is for the door wood. If you've already got this, check each plate; they're all numbered. Let me know what one you're missing. I can copy and mail it for about $5.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 03:35 pm:

Gary, how do you get yours copied? Do you find an outfit with a blueprint machine? Had a set of roadster prints done by the printroom at work 15 years ago, but that option is gone now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gavin Harris on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 03:53 pm:

Gary,

Thanks for the offer but I have already been offered plate 6 from another contributer.

This forum is a great tool.

Gavin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gavin Harris on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 04:02 pm:

As good as Mel's plans are, there are a few measurements that are not included. e.g. sideways across the pillar tops, firewall to hinge face of hinge pillar, door widths etc.

has anyone done any supplementary sheets with these?

I am a draughtsman and am going to do a sheet for the 15 - 22 roadster when I have finished my car but won't bother if someone else has already done them.

Gavin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 04:29 pm:

Warren, Any Kinko's can copy them. It costs $1.49/page here in Indy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 04:50 pm:

I also use Kinko's. Here the cost depends on how many sheets I have done. For a single page It's $2.25. The price drops to about $1.75 if I have 10 sheets done. Plus tax, of course. Then there's mailing tubes, postage, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 07:57 am:

Thanks guys, I thought maybe Kinko's but have had problems with them on occassion over copywright issues (Had a color copy of Fridley Township in Anoka County, MN made from a farm atlas for the local historical society and had to talk long and hard to get them to make it).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Loughery on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 10:57 am:

I'm rebuilding a1917 model T touring car. When I bought it it looked like an easy project til I started to take it apart.I have to replace the wood frame and most of the body. I have been looking for a copy of the print to build the wooden frame. can somebody help me? BOB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Loughery on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 11:04 am:

I'm rebuilding a1917 model T touring car. When I bought it it looked like an easy project til I started to take it apart.I have to replace the wood frame and most of the body. I have been looking for a copy of the print to build the wooden frame. can somebody help me? BOB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 05:36 pm:

Bob,where are you located? I have a set of plans and could copy them for you,however it is a little expensive. Usually with shipping tube @$25/set.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration