Gas Tank Gauge

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Gas Tank Gauge
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 10:35 pm:

Hello:
There are Model T Ford accessory gas tank gauges for sale on Ebay. Is anyone using this one or one like it? What's the skinny on this TYPE of gauge?
www.ebay.com Item 28007949767.
Harvey ........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 08:59 am:

Hi Harvey,
I bought one of those gauges awhile back - it is well made, with quality materials. I will be buying another for a different auto. The vendor is a likeable fellow, is into T's himself, and takes pride in maintaining good customer relations. I sent him an old original accessory gauge that had a broken bung - did a great job fixing it. I highly recommend his product - sure saves taking the cap off and poking something into the tank to check the quantity of fuel remaining!
I wish he would create some sort of "quantity gauge" for the radiator, so I don't have to keep unscrewing that cap and hoping that I can get it back on without being cross-threaded.
I could not get that ebay # to come up - the vendor is working on a web site for his goods -try http://my.execpc.com/~nelezen/bbtb/images/bbtb.html

Bruce, in view of the recent posts about advertising on the Forum, I don't quite know how to answer Harvey other than what I said. I have no monetary interest in this vendor, I'm just a very satisfied customer, and I wish him well - (but not so well that he sells all his gauges and I will be unable to buy another! :-) just my $.02 - with apologies to Mike if I took his line. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 11:18 am:

If someone could put the "for sale" forum section back up and allow us to post pictures, maybe that would resolve the conflict? How are we going to know where to get what cool new product is we are not allowed to pitch it on the forum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Rees on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 11:20 am:

Harvey,

I was unable to view the guauge in ebay. I attached one that I use on may roadster. It works great. gas guage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Ireland on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 11:39 am:

Harvey, That item number does not appear to be valid. Please double check. Thanks. Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 12:02 pm:

I just purchased one of the gauges from Big Boys Toy Box for our 26. Nice little addition that was easier on the wallet than the brakes/rear axle upgrades I've begun aquiring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 12:07 pm:

Dave I.

Try this number 280079749800. One gauge for a specific application. Check his "other items" for a different gauge for a different tank.

Harvey, is that the gauge you saw? I can't retrieve your number either, but have seen these gauges before, and I thought that was the one you were questioning. Dave D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 05:09 pm:

Dave I & Dave D
My screw-up on item #. Yes, this is the gauge (type)I was requesting info/opinon on. Thanks guys.
Harvey .......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Nelezen on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 05:19 pm:

Here is a picture of the Accessory Model T gas gauges on e-bay.

Accessory Model T gas gauge by BBTB

Here is their web site,
http://my.execpc.com/~nelezen/bbtb/images/bbtb.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Nelezen on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 05:22 pm:

Here is a picture of the Accessory Model T gas gauges on e-bay.

Here is their web site,
http://my.execpc.com/~nelezen/bbtb/images/bbtb.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce McCalley on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 05:36 pm:

A link to this company is now listed in the Suppliers page of our web site, near the bottom of the list. The name is BBTB.
Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 08:11 pm:

Harry
Nice product, I ordered one today on your easy to use website.
My wife told me to tell you she is looking forward to not having to "stick" the gas tank and wipe the excess gas off the stick. Grin
Thanks
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Nelezen on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 08:41 pm:

Ron, thanks for the purchase and your comments on my web site. Although I had no prior experience in web coding I designed and built the site from scratch. Heck, I though, if I can restore a Model T I sure can build a simple web site. I don't recommend doing a web site for the faint of heart!

By the way:

If I asked my wife to wipe the gas stick I am afraid where she would tell me to put it! LOL

Harry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 11:23 pm:

Harry - Next time we see Barb we'll ask her where she recommends putting the gas guage stick. (grin).

Fordially, Keith Gumbinger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 11:27 pm:

Those are very nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paulmikeska on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 12:56 am:

I bought one for my 26 Coupe. I like it and it looks to be very well built. They mixed up the shipments and sent me the wrong one but e-mailed me before I received it and let me know about the foul up. They said that they would pay for the return postage and that they were very sorry for the trouble. I think that they are quality T people and offer a good product.

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 04:40 am:

l had one very similar on my MTD ride on mower !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By snownut on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 06:43 pm:

Ebay also had a fueld gauge recently listed as a "Vintage Dodge Brothers Ford model T, A, fuel gauge" under item #190072790277. It sold for $138.45!
I looked at some parts I inherited from my RFD rural mail carrier for 47 years and found I have one exactly like it. Does anybody know for sure what this fuel gauge was for? I'd like to advertise it on ebay if it brings that!!

Gerald Cornelius

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Aber on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 03:37 pm:

I just received my gauge (very quick service) and it makes you wonder why it took us so long to come up with such a simple, yet necessary accessory. My ForDor has an effective empty of 3 gallons, so as soon as I add that mark to the cap I will have no excuses left. As an added note, I dabbed a bit of red paint on the pointer and filled the letters and markers with some paint to make it even easier to see. THANKS HARRY, for doing what makes for success .. find a void and fill it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 10:28 am:

Received my gauge yesterday as well. Quality product and quick delivery. Very useful accessory. I think I'll do like Bill and dress it up with a bit of paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Nelezen on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 11:50 am:

Hi Bill and Gary,

Thanx for the comments on the Accessory Model T gas gauges.
I had thought of painting the stamped (E) empty and (F) full letters in the cap and the needle for legibility, but then thought about Henry's frugality. It goes something like this;
"I have exercised utmost care to obtain the highest quality materials at the lowest price and overhead in order to offer Model T's at a price that is affordable and return a minimum profit for labor."

Harry

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration