Looking for conditioner for original leather

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Looking for conditioner for original leather
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 10:05 pm:

Hi all,

What types of leather conditioner have you had success with? Any to stay away from?

I am trying to preserve the original interior as long as possible, while using the car regularly.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris Paulsen
McPherson, Kansas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 10:08 pm:

Go to a place that sells horse supplys,and pickup a can of saddle soap.Should do the job.I dont know if you would want to use Neats foot oil on them and then set on them.But it would limber up the leather and make it moisture proof and last longer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 11:19 pm:

Chris there is a product called LEXOL that works very well on leather and is designed to do exactly what you desire. It is sold in home improvement stores, online and in fine furniture shops.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Von Nordheim on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 01:28 am:

Chris,
I owned a 1912 Buick that was completely original including leather interior. The leather was dry and hard to the touch but complete. The car was stored inside and was what every one dreams of finding. I did alot of research before making the decision on what product to use. The leather soffener that I used came from Color-Plus in Milford Pa. Everyone that seen the car could not believe how supple the leather turned out. I was amazed! If you want an expert that known about leather then contact:
Joanne Price (570) 686-3158 Color-Plus 106 Harrier Court Milford Pa 18337-9315
Good luck....Les Von Nordheim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 06:49 am:

Hide Food - available at Jaguar dealerships.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 10:34 am:

I appreciate all of the info.

Les, I believe I used their leather paint on a car 16-17 years ago, and it has held up wonderfully.

Thanks again, and keep the info coming.

Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 11:34 pm:

Mack makes a good point. Saddle soap and Neets Foot oil is the best. DO NOT use any of the modern interior treatments like Armorall. The blends contain silicone and that will harden and crack leather.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration