1923 T roadster dimensions, anybody?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: 1923 T roadster dimensions, anybody?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul jones on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 04:42 am:

Hi all, does anybody have a 1923 T roadster (turtle back)body and turtle deck that they could measure up and let me have some basic dimensions? would be gratefull for any help at all. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 08:59 pm:

I got me one of them things...what measurements do you need?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul jones on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 02:35 pm:

That's great!
measurements I could do with are:
Width and height of front bulkhead/cowl,
same at the rear of cowl,
width and height at approx mid point of body,
same at rear of body,
overall length of body down the centre on top of the body,
length of "turtle deck",
width and height of turtle deck at front and rear.

any of these would be a great help, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 03:09 pm:

First, mine is a late '23, high hood. If we're still on the same car, here's what I got.
Width of cowl, 26 1/2 front, 38 rear
Mid body width 43, height 22 at rear of door.
Rear body width 35 1/2 from bead to bead outside. Add about 10" for total width at widest point.
Rear body height 28".
Overall length down center measured at top of body 52"
Turtle length 33 3/4 at longest point.
Turtle width front 32 3/2 rear 32 3/4
turtle height 15 1/2 front 8 3/4 rear.
These are rough measurements trying to take into account the curves, warps, etc. so are not 100%.
I'll try to add a pic. of early roadster dim. also

Chuck Body dimensions

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul jones on Sunday, May 20, 2007 - 08:36 am:

Many thanks! that's very usefull, just what I wanted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, May 21, 2007 - 09:07 am:

I think Ford always referred to the "high radiator" cars made in calendar 1923 as 1924 models.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration