Magneto Head light bulbs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Magneto Head light bulbs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric W on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 11:29 am:

I got the new headlight switch installed and they the headlights are now working off the magneto. I have no intention of driving at night, but wanted them working. The bulbs are old and have the number 1138 on them. Does anyone know if these bulb numbers are available? Chaffin's say some magneto bulbs are sometimes available.

Thanks,
Eric

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By guy on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 01:45 pm:

i need 2 magneto bulbs too er -- also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By VRay on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 01:57 pm:

Although I do not kow this from personal experience, I have been told that ~38V aircraft bulbs available at NAPA will work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 10:13 pm:

38V bulbs would be very dim for any speed below very high speed cruising.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 10:41 pm:

Aircraft that I work on have 28V bulbs. Never seen any 38V units.

Magneto bulbs are 9V bulbs in series, so you can call it an 18 volt circuit. Call Chaffins they usually have some.

Royce

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration