Ever-Ready Oiler

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Ever-Ready Oiler
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Journey on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 08:37 pm:

Does anyone have an Ever-Ready Oiler on their car? If so does it seem to be a usefull addition?
I bought one in it's original box off of ebay a couple of years back and have been thinking of installing it on my car.

Thanks,
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Rockford on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 09:15 pm:

It's the second best of all improvements for a T. I use just the idiot light portion, not the automatic re-filler.

When it blinks at idle, you're a quart low. If it gets lower than that, the light stays on. That's even better than an oil pressure indicator. It also is a good reminder the ignition is on, with engine off.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roland Palmatier -- Durham, NH on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 02:25 am:

I agree with Ralph. It is a great accessory. Mine runs off magneto, not the battery. I had to close up one hole in the pan to get it to perform well with the 5W-30 oils.

Regards, Roland

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sacchi on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 12:02 pm:

I've never seen one of these. can someone post a photo? It sounds interesting.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 01:40 pm:

Bob, There is one on Ebay right now with some pretty good pictures. Thought they are a neat item I've seen them sell for less than what the fellow on Ebay wants for his....Michael Pawelek
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MODEL-T-FORD-EVER-READY-OILER-NEW-OLD-STOCK-NEVER -USED_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10076QQihZ009QQitemZ190178072516QQrdZ1QQsspagen ameZWDVW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sacchi on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 02:11 pm:

Michael, thanks for the link. It looks like a fun after-market item.

Exactly how does it work, though?

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 03:36 pm:

Bob, If I remember correctly it is a two part system. In one part there is a hinged compartment that sits in the hogshead under the cover. As long as oil is thrown into the compartment the weight keeps a spring loaded electrical circuit from connecting, when there is little oil the compartment springs up and a tiny light glows to warn of low oil. There is also a reservoir that bolts on the engine with spare oil and as the electrical circuit changes a tiny valve opens and drips oil into the oil filler pipe at the front of the engine. I had one years ago but may have the specifics incorrect. Someone else can correct me if my description is too far off.....Michael Pawelek

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration