Tom Daw Estate Auction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Tom Daw Estate Auction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry A. Daw on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 07:06 pm:

Auction dates have been set. They will be May 2'd and 3'd. The auction will be in extreme Northeast Missouri in the Wayland-Kahoka area. There are the household things that include antiques such as wind up record players, cupboards, etc. The auction will start at 9:00a.m. with the household items which should be over by noon. Then we will start the main auction that you are interested in. This timing should give you a little time to get there and scout out the items that you may be interested in.
Sullivan Auction Service in Hamilton, Ill will be conducting the sale. They have had experience with sales of these types of items and are very professional.
I plan to contact the motels in Keokuk, Iowa, and the small one in Kahoka, Mo. and try to get discounted rates for those that are coming. Keep track of info on the web site again it is www.tomdaw.com for information as we secure it. We have also updated some of the pictures and will be adding more as time goes on.
Hope to see and meet you in May.
There will be internet bidding available on some of the items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry A. Daw on Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 11:40 am:

Most motels in the area are on line to give a discount if you mention the Tom Daw auction. Their telephone numbers are listed under a new tab on the web site called "Auction Information". Also I found and we have put it on each page as a result, that if you click to enlarge a picture, the item(s) are identified by name in the address line of your brouser (depending on the brouser you are using. Hopefully that will help identify some of the items. No I did not say that we had everything labeled correctly. We are doing the best we can though. I took a picture of an aluminum hood and put it on the site. It is smaller than a T hood and it has no side vents. If you have looked at that hood, do you have any idea what it is off of? I estimate it is pre model T but simply do not know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry A. Daw on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 03:00 pm:

The web site has been updated from pictures taken this past weekend. The brass lights under Various Parts now have the manufacturers names and model numbers. Another center door sedan has been added that is in better shape than the one that was on. The roadster has the year plus there is a title for it and two additional pictures of the 38 v8 that have been added. Motels in the area have been added to the Auction Information tab plus we will soon put a RV campground on that is minutes away from the auction site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Daw on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 04:45 pm:

We have located several brass Model T carburators and have recently added them to the web site. My son put a direct lenk to them on the home page. We have also added a few more brass head and side lights. Nasty weather is forcast for NE Missouri this weekend. Had planned to sort more but the weather may restrict that.
Question: I am thinking that Dad used to use Muratic Acid on highly tarnished brass like the brass carburators have. Is this used widely to do that or is there a better way (with proper precautions of course?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel Leipold on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 05:25 pm:

Hydrocloric acid (muratic) will work, but is hard on the brass. I use an amonnia solution to soak brass items in and often the green oxidation and the dark color will clean off, leaving mostly clean brass. Rinse and dry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 06:59 pm:

Buy a gallon jug of Vinegar and soak the carbs in a plastic bucket.The corrosion will be gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Daw on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 02:13 pm:

The web site has been updated with new pictures taken last weekend. The auction will be at the farm between Wayland and Kahoka, Mo. Exact directions will be put on soon. Hope that many of you will be able to attend the auction.
Dad was mentioned by name in a MTFCA vidio on tires. He sent in a tire tool that he had made and it was used in the video.
Again the web site is www.tomdaw.com.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration