Dates fie spring 08 CHICKASHA swap meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Dates fie spring 08 CHICKASHA swap meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By EDWARD R LEVY on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 04:15 am:

Pardon my arthritic memory but does anyone have the exact dates for the Spring 08 swap meet at Chickasha, OK
Edward R. Levy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Page on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 05:17 am:

March 20-22, 2008. www.pwsm.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By EDWARD R LEVY on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 09:18 am:

Gary,
Thanks for the information
Edward R. Levy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 10:09 pm:

Ed
John Regan is feverioulsy seaching Ebay for pizza. We have last years boxes to send to the maker for this years supply.
We look forward to you and any other MTFCA/MTFCI Forum participants to visit our Chickasha spaces NG 5-7 on Thursday at noon for pizza.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 10:23 pm:

Hope he at least scrapes the green stuff out of those boxes! (G)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy samuelson on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 10:36 pm:

Are those the same boxes he will use in Richmond ?? Have Jay take you to the pizza place down by the old train building.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 10:40 pm:

Naw,Jay would want you to buy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 01:04 am:

I tried to look at some of the info on the website and I looked at some photos of last years event and then none of the other links would work on the site.

Just how big is it?Will a person be able to waddle around the entire place in a day?
Will there be parking for a pickup and trailer in the pubic parking?

From the looks of the pictures I will be stumbling over my chin and droooling like a baby when i git there.I could see things like I will be looking for like wire wheels and such.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 09:19 am:

Mack -- Yes, yes, and yes. Especially the "drooling like a baby" part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 09:28 am:

thanks.Looks like a few trips back to the truck for me if I find stuff I need and want.
Trouble is,you git in a place like that,and you find something you didnt know you needed until it is in front of ye and it is a "Bargin".Suddenly you need that to!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 01:39 pm:

The nice thing about this meet is the absence of postwar clutter and the chance to see some very interesting early stuff. One year some guys were driving all around in a Stanley roadster. Very cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Davis on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 11:02 am:

Im going to try an make the Chickasha meet.
We have never been there before, are there good places to stay? Do you think I should try to make advanced reservations somewere or can we find a place after we get there? Any help would be nice.
Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 12:06 pm:

Find a room before going as most are reserved yr to yr, you might be like a lot and have to go to another town, or bring a camper, it actually starts onthe 20th, if you need something special be there the 19th, we sell more waiting to get in to the grounds at 4pm, on the 19th then we do the first day of the swap, I've seen fellows sell there whole trailer load and go home, or have a empty trailer to be able to buy another load to take home . I'll be in FH 37-38-39-40-41-42 outside the south building on the west side between the s. building and maintenance, clear down at the end, se you there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 01:13 pm:

1 thing I am concerned about,what if a fellow buys something to big to tote out the gate?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 03:18 pm:

Mack,unlike the unfriendlies at Hershey,you can drive into Chickasha and pick up large/heavy purchases. Those folks know how to run a swap meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 08:53 pm:

Ed -- Last I heard, the only motel in town that still has any rooms was the Royal American. It's just across a parking lot from the Best Western, which is the host hotel. If they're out of rooms by now, you'll be staying 20 or more miles away. The parking lots are just across the street from the meet, and you can stay in your vehicle if need be. Showers, rest rooms, etc, are available in the swap meet grounds. Do whatever you need to to be there. If you're a Model T guy, it will be worth it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 09:32 pm:

Well for me other than the Autofair at Charlotte,I aint never been to a big auto related swap meet anywhere else.
1 day I hope I can go to the Hershey place just 1 time so i can say i have been there.Everything i hear about it,it rains every show and the people are mean and the prices are high.
I aint meaning to start a war by saying that,but I have heard it from several people over the years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 09:58 pm:

Mack, People are people everyhwere. Didn't meet any mean ones at hershey,and prices weren't to far off. Just got to carry everything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 09:59 pm:

I slept in my pickup camper along with about 50 other vehicles. The parking is great and free: about six acres. I would say about 2 acres of covered and uncovered swap meet area. Some buyers from overseas. I heard they shipped 2 containers to the British Isles. Better get up with the chickens. With the weak dollar they too snap things up (sorry, not the chickens swappers, the Brit swappers).

Maybe you could explain an extravagant purchase to your wife as just trying to bolster the Yankee Dollar. They take Euros in NYC these days but I don't think they do at good old Chickashaw. Lot's of fun. Wish I could make it this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 10:03 pm:

Thanks Jack.1 of the people I have heard that from several times,is kinda a horses backend himself,so he may have just encountered people that could feed it back!
But I am trying to treat him right,he has everything sheet metalwise but the hood from a 1911 runabout in decent shape that I want to get,so I gota be nice!Of course he wont be "given" it to me when I buy it either!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 10:17 pm:

Before I sold the sign business I used to set up at Chickasha every year. I always slept in my space or in my Suburban because I am pretty Scotch. Raised by people who came through the Depression, and they were raised by 19th century farmers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 11:12 pm:

Well,I think a member has offered to help me out for Chickensaw but I have used a pickup camper shell as a overnight camper alot over the years at engine and tractor shows.I aint above it at all.Just aint as able to stand that cramped feeling when I try to sit up since my injurys happened.
Worse than a camper shell on a pickup is useing a 77 Impala station wagon.yep,did it for about 5 years at about 4 shows a year.
1 thing i can tell ye dont work worth a hill of manure,dont try to sleep in the back seat of a 1989 Crown vic police interceptor.NO way of getting confortable.cramped even though it is a full size car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven G. Williams on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 11:29 pm:

If you don't have a room now, stay in a motel on the south side of Oklahoma City, only about 30 miles away. Motel 6 is there. In fact there are two Motel 6's on I-40 just off the I-44 loop around the south side of OKC. ONe of them used to be a Howard Johnson's, and its nicer of the two. Also, and this is key - take much more money than you think you'll need! It is wonderful!
Have fun! I envy you all, I can't go this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Davis on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 08:55 am:

We were iced in here in southern Missouri yesterday, so had lots of time to try and
get a motel. I could not fine anything close.
Did fine one about 30 miles away. If you need
a room you will have to go to Oklahoma City,
Lawton, or Duncan. While I am in the area is there
anything else I need to see, might make this a
mini vacation. Hope to see some of you there.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration