Anyone know who chrome plates

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Anyone know who chrome plates
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob sell on Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 08:34 pm:

does anyone know of a reputable chrome plater i live near pittsburgh pa and i have a set of rear bumpers off of a 31 hudson i need rechromed. any help apreciated.

bob sell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Cullen on Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 09:23 pm:

Recently I've been using American Midwest Chrome in Chicago. Excellent service and fair prices. As far as local in the burgh, so you don't have to pack and ship, I'm no help at all. As big a city as pittsburgh is, and with an industrial background, there should be plenty of plating shops. The local industrial platers will be able to steer you to show quality chromers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 09:04 am:

My uncle, a big Mopar guy who has shown many cars and won Grand National awards, uses Paul's exclusively. Paul's is somewhere in PA. I have used Qual Krom in Erie, PA, which is about 2 hours north of you up I-79. Bob Ore, the owner, has expanded the business to a full restoration shop. 800-673-2427

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 10:36 am:

I have discovered that, in our global society, it really doesn't matter where a place is anymore. Since there are no good chroming places closeby me here in Florida, I have to box up my parts and send them off anyway and whether they have to go to GA, LA, or PA, makes no difference to me. I am most concerned with the place's reputation and whether or not they will do a spectacular job, for plating is one area you must trust to only the very best, since a great job can make a car and a poor job can break it and, in the process, ruin some very rare and possibly irreplaceable parts. Paul's happens to have a very good reputation, but a there is a long waiting period as they are very busy. Click onto: www.paulschrome.com. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob sell on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 09:28 pm:

thanks guys ! i apreciate your help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Cullen on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 11:11 am:

Jim, there is a place in Sarasota, out in Whitfield industrial area that used to do pretty darn good work at a fair price, that is within driving distance for you. It's under new management now so I'm going to take him a few small parts and see how it comes out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 04:38 pm:

Mike
I need some nickel plating done for my 1926 Fordor and will soon be in Sarasota on vacation. I would appreciate kowing the name and telephone number of this plating company. Your comments would be of assistance also.
Thanks
Garry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 09:50 pm:

Thanks Mike. I second Garry's request and would appreciate a critique when you get your parts back. I have friends in Sarasota and it will give me a good excuse to go pay them a visit. Jim Patrick. jim@bvsmulberryrailcar.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Bowery on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 11:01 pm:

I have had very good results from Mance Plating in Imperial PA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Cullen on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 10:37 am:

I'll be heading up there tomorrow, and will contact you both with the particulars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 11:33 pm:

Mike
Your comments would be welcomed. Did you get the opportunity to visit this plating shop ?
Thanks
Garry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Cullen on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 02:11 am:

I've been a little tiede up between work and other commitments, I'll be heading up that way this coming week. Did you get the address and Phone # I sent? Let me know when you are in the area. I'll put you onto a few local shows, swap meets, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 09:22 am:

I will be is Sarasota for the month of March and would appreciate hearing about swap meets and shows in the region
Thanks
Garry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 02:39 pm:

I have just picked up some pieces from the Sarasota plater who finished my parts in Nickel. The work looks great, the price was reasonable, and he finished the job on the promised schedule (2 weeks) . I will take other parts to him in the future.
Company name is
Mr. David Gradl
Orion Willsey, Inc
2170 Whitfield Park Drive
Unit G20
Sarasota, Florida, 34243
telephone 941 739-3700
www.orionwillsey.com
email: dave@orionwillsey.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob sell on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 09:36 pm:

thank you for the reports! it sure helps

bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration