I want to tell you a little about Mac McDaniel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: I want to tell you a little about Mac McDaniel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By smilebigtt on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 11:31 pm:

Mac, my father-inlaw, will be called home soon. Just want to tell you a little about him. He grew up in Michigan Valley, Kansas. A small ag. town. He grew up, went to college, went to war, came home and started a family. Mac is a good and decent man. He leaves behind a good wife, one son, two daughters, three grandchildren, and five great grand children. Mac fought combat in France, WWII. His a winner of a Purple Heart. Some of the many enjoyable stories he told, was how at Michigan Valley High School, he played on the basketball team. The school was so small in population, that if anyone on the basketball team got hurt during a game and could not play, Michigan Valley's team would have to borrow a player from the oposing team. Another story he told and is T related was, When he was a boy, he had an aunt who would call him when she wanted to fish down at the creek. This aunts legs were so that she could not stand or sit on the bank of the creek and also were not strong enough to operate her Model t. Thus Mac. She would have Mac drive the T down to the creek. Not just down to the creek, but into the creek where she could put her fishing pole out the window and still sit in her car.
Mac is said to have 7-10 days left with us. He will be missed. Thank you all for reading. tyrone Mac

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred McDonald on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 12:00 am:

Tyrone: Mac is a part of "The Greatest Generation" They went off and fought for our country and never complained but just went to work when they came home. My Step Dad is one of those people who landed at Normandy Beach and fought his way across France. Only in recent years has he been able to talk about it. You have been very fortunite to have Mac in your family. Fred McDonald

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 01:41 am:

Tyrone......Thankyou for sharing this story about your father-in-law,it touched my heart..Your going to miss your friend and the stories he told you...I don't know you or your famiy but I KNOW that Mac knows he is leaving his daughter and all the rest of the ones near and dear to him in....GOOD hands here on earth....The Lord be with you in these tough times....Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 06:25 am:

Tyrone; Mac is going to be re-united with friends of long ago, and I'm sure he will tarry on his journey long enough for you and his to find him.

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 08:32 am:

Momma and I work in the Military Heritage and Aviation Museum in Punta Gorda Fla. on Fridays as a voulinteers.
We have the distinct pleasure of meeting and talking with the few remaining members of the WW2 generation as they look through the exhibits and recall the events of their service. As soon as we mention that we have a Model T, the Model T stories abound.
We are both Veterans and share a kinship with these men that's a little hard to explain except for the fact we were all soldiers once, and young.
He will be missed of course by his family and in the abstract, by those of us who gladly donate our time to preserve what they stood for.
Dennis, USAF, Viet Nam & Lee Ann, Women's Army Corps., Viet Nam Era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 09:41 am:

Tyrone,
I am so sorry for your upcomming loss. Remember though, you will always have him with you, and the memory of him, as his spirit is immortal.The times you have shared with him will live forever.

Each family get-to-gether, take the time to tell a story of him, some little quip, or pass on one of his model T stories. It will keep him very much with you and your family forever.

God Bless.....Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 10:39 am:

Wow, . . thanks for sharing some of the character that is your father-in-law. I was greatly affected by your post. We owe him, and all those like him, a HUGE unrepayable debt of gratitude for the legacy they freely passed on to us. May our Lord and Redeemer greatly bless the family he'll leave behind. . . george

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne in Malvern, PA on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 11:55 am:

Marvelous story Tyrone, and a wonderful individual in your friend. Our access to those times and stories is eroding at an increasing rate. It just struck me, it might be worthwhile scouring this website and others for these oral histories of the Model T and collecting them into one place while we still have these folks around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Baker on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 12:10 pm:

Tyrone - just a thought; one does not win the purple heart as it is not a contest, but one is awarded the royal order of the purple heart for wounds received in combat. a fitting reorganization for one’s sacrifice to one’s country. Beyond the ultimate sacrifice, those awarded the Purple Heart get my utmost respect, regardless of rank or time served. Mac is a true hero.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By aaron on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 03:11 pm:

there are over 2,000 of these great men leaving us every day. World War Two Veterans.
A great lose to the world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 04:54 pm:

Yes Jim I agree with you. My "winner" is just a figure of speech. He has my respect above anyone else for his contrubtion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 05:03 pm:

Yes Jim I agree with you. My "winner" is just a figure of speech. He has my respect above anyone else for his contrubtion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tom evans on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 07:40 pm:

Tyronne;
Thank you so much for sharing Mac with us all. My dad was also a member of the "Greatest Generation". We lost him in 1999 a few years before my first Model T. Mom is still with us and she is 87. She has reminded me many times how much dad would have enjoyed working on the T's. I could still here him say to me "lets take her out for a spin, Tom!". Your lost will be felt by all. Just remember that you have all of our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. God Bless!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By smilebigtt on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 07:50 pm:

Today 5:48 PM Central Standard time. Good bye old friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 08:06 pm:

Sorry for your loss Tyrone.

Royce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel (Indiana Trucks) on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 08:12 pm:

This post caught my eye right away because my Dad's name was Mac, or at least everyone called him Mac. He would have been 70 this coming Tuesday but passed away at age 62 of lung cancer in July of 2000. Things will never be same....

He will always be missed.

Bob McDaniel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 08:35 pm:

Tyrone, you and your family are on my mind tonight. I hope that God blesses you and your family and acts as the comforter he promised he'd be. I know from my own experience there is nothing I can say to make it easier, so I'll leave it at that, my friend.
Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 08:36 pm:

Ty,

Thank you for sharing your admiration of Mac with your forum friends. May fond memories of him forever brighten the lives of you and your family. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of someone so dear to you.

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Sizemore on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 10:17 pm:

Lord God, you are compassion and love;
Our loved one, MAC, has been called home to you.

Welcome him into the love of heaven; console us in our loss and make us truly grateful for all he was to us in life.

Fill our home now empty with his loss with your love and care.

Through Christ our Lord.

Amen

TT, Our hearts and prayers are with you and yours.
God Bless
JS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven G. Williams on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 11:34 pm:

My condolences for your loss. He sounds like a neat man.
Steven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By smilebigtt on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 05:37 pm:

I was just thinking, how amazing it is that a "car" has brought so many good people together in one place as this funny little Model T has. Thank you all for your feelings and words. I plan to print this off and give it to my Mother-in-law.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vic Patterson on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 06:28 pm:

Sounds like Mac had a pretty good caring son-in-law!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration