Need picture of 1918 C Cab Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Need picture of 1918 C Cab Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By 1922 bg on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 10:15 pm:

Has anybody got a picture of a 1918 C Cab truck.

I might have a chance to buy one in the future.

I did some searching and could only find some later years..

Thanks
Bg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 10:34 pm:

closest I have http://www.remarkablecars.com/main/ford/1918-ford.html
http://www.remarkablecars.com/main/ford/1917-ford-truck.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 10:49 pm:

you do know that Ford didn't build a cab on their trucks until 24, and any C-cab would have been an aftermarket?
Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By 1922 bg on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 10:55 pm:

Ray,

Thats just what i need to know !!

That might be why it is hard to find pictures of such a creature!!

If anybody has any info about this truck please let me know.

Thanks
Bg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tom evans on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 05:13 pm:

Here is a picture of my '15 "C" Cab truck. As Ray states above this trucks bed amd cab were manufactured by the Emerson-Brandington Carriage Works in Rockford, Illinois. (Emerson was the cousin of Ralf Waldo Emerson and principal owner of the company.) Good Luck in your search.1915 "C" Cab pick-up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Peterson on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 11:26 am:

Nice looking Pickup, Still isnt a C-cab truck, looks like its a T chassis, No C in the cab, C-cabs were made in 24-5, I think those are correct dates, and on a TT chassis, of course there is T's like the piewagons that have a C in there body style. Still nice looking T u have there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 11:46 am:

BG, Lang's have a "C" Cab kit. Mine looks a lot like the drawing in their catalogue - page 148 of 2006 catalogue. Send me your e mail address, I'll send you some pics.
rb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By 1922 bg on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 06:15 pm:

Ross,

Send all your pics to bgarrison at hotmail.com.

Was there many different cab styles and manufactures since Henry didn't produce a "cab" truck until 24

Is there any good info books out there that would describe some of the cab styles before the 24 year?

I have Bruce's book and it doesn't tell or show much about the different truck cabs.

Thanks
Bg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 06:07 am:

were there many companies? Check out this site Bg.
http://www.coachbuilt.com/

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration