[2 ] T Questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: [2 ] T Questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By larry on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 10:34 pm:

Is the Low pedal clurch Fork with clivis pin the same as the brake rods fork?
And are all the O rings made of Neopene-?
Say i go to home depot and get O rings are they neoprine?
Thank You All
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 10:39 pm:

some o-rings are natural rubber. ok for water but not for grease/oil/gas. read the label. I would suggest auto parts supplier
steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken - SAT on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 12:35 am:

Use Viton o-rings for oil seals. You can also use Teflon but they get pricey. Buna-N works for lower temps but Viton rings hold up better. Here's a link of materials and uses for o-rings.

http://www.marcorubber.com/material_chart.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 08:17 am:

Larry,

Any o-rings for automotive A/C service should work fine (IMO) whether black, blue, green, or orange. Auto parts houses will have what you need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By larry on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 03:55 pm:

I found the set at Langs set for 1$ if they sell them for this purpose it must be neoprine--
Thank You all
----- Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 04:00 pm:

Anything on the linkage ??????
Is the trany linkage fork the same as the brake rods adjusting fork?
By fork i mean the part that has a clevis pin runnig thrue and a coter pin and threads to adjust at other end
Thanks-- Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 07:20 pm:

Larry,yes they were at least in the earlier years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 07:42 pm:

Same clevis pin. Try to find one that isn't worn too much.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration