It's ALIVE!!!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: It's ALIVE!!!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dave willis on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 07:21 pm:

after a lot of work and headaches today at 1;34 pm [pacific time] my t speedster with a morton and brett "indianapolis head" actually ran!! just a short burst to check the timing...no water in the rad or gas in the tank..it sounds great[loud] and i'm relieved as the rest is hopefully simple...i will post a few photos when it stops raining...it's a mid 20's chassis with a livingston super vee radiator so the engine is moved back 18" on a stock wheelbase..along with the head i have a giant aftermarket zenith carb and a bosch distributor...along with the standard transmission i have added a new alloy three speed gearbox[ yes, the driveshaft is real short]..it has 30X3 mclaren wires on front and 30X3 1/2 on the back with smooth white clinchers..rocky mtn brakes are to be installed soon to help stop this thing...it is finished in all black with a torpedo hood, '15 hood former, a pair of staggered buckets and a '11 torpedo tank cantilevered over the back of the rear axle....photos soon!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 07:33 pm:

Congratulations Dave!
The raggedy snarl of a freshly running new engine is a unique and delightful sound indeed.
Looking forward to the pictures!
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 07:56 pm:

Hats off to you Dave...another one is alive and well! As Bob said, looking forward to pictures! Need all the motivation I can get with my speedster project.
Ray

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration