Was there some kind of Bowel today?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Was there some kind of Bowel today?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 08:21 pm:

Here is what I got cleaned up and a coat of paint on today.T 3's engine block.Also sprayed that red coating on the internal parts of the block that Jack reccomended a while back.Considering the work it took to get all that grunge out,I dont want the next poor sap to have to scrub and mess as long as I did.
I also reinstalled the best cam I had and a near perfect Ford steel gear that I had laying on the shelf.I wanted to try 1.

I probably didnt do the right thing here but I fiqured I had nothing to loose.The lifters had a slight low spot on the part that hits the valvestem.I felt this would interfer with setting valve tappet clearance.So I took a file and rubbed off that little "ridge" and made the lifter flat again.The engine ran good before I took it apart,and I didnt change what was actually hitting the valve,only took away what was around the edge.I felt if I did remove any amount of lift when I did this,that small amount would be replaced when I face the valves and lap them in.

Btw,this T-3 "speedster thingy" aint gonna be black!I aint never did anything off the wall before like this.I have plenty of Caterpillar yellow and this Royal blue.So those are the colors that will be used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Stanzione on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 09:07 pm:

Go for it Mack, Lets see a lot of that Cat yellow.

By the way I work for a Cat Dealer, have learned to love the color since it puts beans on the table.

Block looks great, I know what you mean about the grunge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 09:14 pm:

Don't worry about using a file on the valves and lifters! I had a Model A many years ago and I needed new valves. I got a set and took the valve grinding compound to them and seated them in and then filed the clearance of the stems and lifters. It ran fine as long as I had it! The old Fords weren't quite as precision instruments as some would have you believe.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 09:31 pm:

Thanks Norman for clearing that worry up for me.
I remember seeing some photos of a Republic truck and that is what kinda got me thinking these colors may work.A buddy of mine works for a gradeing company and paints thier pans and dozers,and has alot of paint left over.He gave me a gallon of paint and a gallon of thinner.
So I am covered for the chassis and so forth.
I am hopeing if for sure I get to go to Chicksaw I can find a good set of wheels.Hopefully wires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 09:34 pm:

Time to get that "off the wall" thing going on now that you are forty-something! Off the wall is great IMO.

You mentioned once before the difference in color between the Forest green from one store vs another store - Rust-Oleum brand.

"Royal" blue that you mention here is one of Rust-Oleum's colors - so is this Rust-Oleum? Spray or brush?

Here's why I ask:

The wheel well and the inside of the right fender on my Mini is painted with Rust-Oleum's Royal blue - rolled on with a foam roller (Yes Tim!) and it does not look the same color. I may be colorblind or it may be the light, or the cameras.

Make sure you have plenty of that blue for touchup because Rust-Oleum might change the color. ?

Same part number should be the same color regardless of the store it comes from or when you bought it, I would think???

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 09:40 pm:

Crappola,I done and screwed up.This blue is Valspar.It might be Regal blue!It is brushed on there.
I will look at the can in the morning.I have some royal blue that I used on a Bluegrass pushtype reel mower I restored a while back.That may be why that name sticks to my head.
What happened was Tractor supply closed out on some paint.I went to 3 stores,bought 16 or 17 quarts of different paints and 4 gallon can of paint and primer.All real cheap.And It seems to be decent paint.
Sorry about the confusion on the paint colors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 09:47 pm:

Mack, you're the man!You gonna bring it by when you go to Chickashanana? I just moved that Model A cowl outta the way again a few minutes ago :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 09:54 pm:

By the way Mack, you owe me royalties. I patented the Craftsman screwdriver used to hold the engine stand from rotating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 09:54 pm:

By the way Mack, you owe me royalties. I patented the Craftsman screwdriver used to hold the engine stand from rotating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 09:54 pm:

No apology needed, Mack. Glad you cleared it up. Still wondering a little bit about why Forest green is one color at Lowe's and another at Home Depot.

Regal Blue and Caterpillar Yeller it is. It'll look great together!

Ray,

It's CHICKENSAW - Mack coined that one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 09:55 pm:

I will fiqure on dropping by there on the way to chickensaw and get that late model Ford part out of your way!:>)I may not go home the same way I went out there.
Depends on how full whatever truck I have is when I leave.:>0

Where is the rest of the A?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 09:57 pm:

That stand belongs to a club member.I tried to give it back to him and I layed the handle in his roadster.Well he said to keep the stand till he hollared for it.And the handle I guess is still in his roadster. So Screwdriver it is!
I did make that stand adaptor myself.Made 2 actually and returned the orignal to it's owner.
easy to make.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 10:06 pm:

Some of it is still here, Mack. I got the engine/tranny and the rearend. Engine sat fer a long time with no head on it, tranny seems good though. Here's a picture of it. It's dammit on a stick!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 10:10 pm:

It don't look like that now, Mack. Everything is off the frame. Right frame rail was rusted in half at the cowl. Gave the front crossmember to a friend of mine locally. too. I took this picture the day I bought it. No idea why I bought it, I guess I was mesmerized by the ass??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 10:21 pm:

Well If things work as I want them to,It will get a ride to Oaklyhoma about the end of march.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Sizemore on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 11:04 pm:

Mack
My offer still stands. When your ready let me know.
Ray,
That happens to the best of us when we see an ass like that!

JS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken - SAT on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 01:01 am:

Glad you got the color straightened out. I was going to say, that ain't the Royal Blue I know. Royal Blue is darker!

You guys need to look at this: http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 01:08 am:

Gotta love it! That still works! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 12:54 pm:

John, actually I thought the ass came with the deal!

Mack, the offer still stands too, if you need a halfway point to lay over for the night there are plenty of extra beds here and I'm sure I can find something to throw on the grill (not the beast of burden)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 01:11 pm:

Ok,yea,I will have to break that trip up some by stopping once in a while.My back and neck wont take much at the time.At least not in my current 150 with broke seat springs.
I am hopeing that my workers comp settlement check happens ,it is supposed to,before that trip and I will be able to get a later model f250 or 2500 pickup so i can tow my tandem trailer and actually make the trip worth takeing by haveing some room to haul something.

Yea,i hope you dont throw that poor donkeys,er uh ,Butt,on the grill!:>)
My neighbor adopted some of those poor things from out west or somewhere.When they have a colt or whatever you call a baby @$$, them things would hollar in the night and sounded just like a lady in distress in the woods.High pitched,golle,I have jumped out of bed several times thinking someone was in real pearl and it would be 1 of those baby @$$'s that got to far from moma.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Joyce on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 06:45 pm:

Mack, it was only a bowel game for the Pats. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 06:16 am:

Mack, my kids talked me into buying one of those registered miniature donkeys (with child, I might add). Cute little thing, but worthless since she was too small to even ride. The youngest could ride her, but she hated him and she kicked him twice and stomped him once. He aggravated her constantly. When the baby donkey was born, mama got even crankier. THe baby was a hoot, always playing with the kids and it would run so fast that it couldn't stop before running into the kids or anything else in it's way. Anyway, my fences are over 30 years old and they started finding places to get out, so I sold them to a fella down the road.

Sorry buddy, didn't mean to hijack(ass) your post!

I don't know anything about bowel games or a Pat, whoever he is...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 09:27 am:

I missspelled Bowl.Oops.Rv helped me out on that on another thread.I aint all here and it shows sometimes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 04:34 pm:

Mack, personally I think bowls and the bowels of a male cow produce the same thing. I saw that you misspelled it, but to me it was humorous in the fact that they are one in the same and neither is something I have any desire to talk about

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 09:44 pm:

Amen,It was 70 degrees sunday and purty blue sky.Cant imagine anybody sitting in the house willingly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 06:15 am:

Not anyone with a life, anyway. Never understood the appeal of a bunch of grown men playing a schoolyard game. I dunno why they don't have ring-around-the-rosie World Series and Tag Championships too. be about as interesting to watch...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration