Rim Locks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Rim Locks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 03:03 pm:

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=287e64bd59&attid=0.1&disp=inline&view=att&t h=117e5ab340625376

Canadian rims locks.. what are the holes in the flange for?
manufacturing?
to offset the weight of lock?
some type of tool to collapse & expand rim?
to keep us guessing 80 years later?
steve
26 cdn coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 07:26 pm:

Steven,

Your link didnít seem to work for me. But I think you are talking about the Canadian 21 Balloon tire inch split rims that were used with the later Canadian cars.

I took the following pictures from the postings at:
: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/8662.html where Chad, Trent, Sherm and others shared a lot more detail.

If they are what you are talking about Ė recommend you see the posting for additional details. If not, please post a picture or tell us how to make the link work. Thanks.

Canadian 21 inch split rim with removable lugs:

Canadian 21 inch split rim tool used to expand and contract the rim for tire changes. Came with the Canadian tool kit.

Very Respectfully,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 08:22 pm:

Hap..thank you so much..that is exactly the info I need..now all I have to do is find or make one.
5 of my rims are stamped medry?kelsey wheel co windsor ontario and one is stamp me?ry kelsey wheel co detroit michigan..
all of the rims have lugs swedged into slots in the rim
steve
26 cdn coupe
p.s. I'll have to get my 12 year old daughter to show me how to post pictures

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration