Brass Ford T sign

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Brass Ford T sign
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel Leipold on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 04:15 pm:

This advertisement is in our classfied.
"Brass Sign For Sale: Original very rare brass dealer sign for a 1916 Ford Model T Runabout. This 18 X 10 in. sign has embossed lettering "Ford Runabout $390, Fully Equipped except Speedometer, F.O.B. Detroit" A picture can be e-mailed or mailed. I am accepting offers. I have an offer for $2000. Call or e-mail"

I wonder why the Ford Company or a Ford Branch or Ford dealer would make such a costly sign for such a short run, especially since the new 1917 Model T was due out soon in the summer of 1916. I have seen many,many original advertisements and signs for the Model T Ford and have never run across a similar sign. I would like to know the history of this particular sign.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 04:28 pm:

Me thinks it a joke!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 06:53 am:

Depends on if it's cast brass or an inexpensive embossed (as the ad implies) image on thin brass sheet, which was not uncommon in the era. Embossing was kinda like printing back then...the era's neon.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration