Rear axle felt seals

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Rear axle felt seals
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Hudson on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 09:42 pm:

Hey all, I just got the appropriate frame for my car, Many thanks to Jim O Donnell. He also gave me a set of felt seals for my axle. I bought the axle apart, the bearings, etc are all good. i was just wondering where all these felt seals go, and how?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gulfoil on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 12:01 pm:

Rob, if they are the outer felt seals I have had no luck with them. I went with the new neoprene seals and have not had a leak since, approximately 1000 miles.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By timothy anderson on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 09:43 pm:

How did you put the neoprene seals in ?While the axel was apart or why the axel was still in the car?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration