Magneto output

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Magneto output
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bernard Byers on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 04:11 pm:

Hi Ron Patterson,
After reading the electrical book you recommened I rewound the magneto coils, no problem fitted left and right to frame, remagnetised the magnets .( they just hold a 2 lb weight.)set everything up in the coil tester I made.Problem I have is the tester will only output 2volts cranking it as fast as I can. Coils seemed to have .4ohm resistance, I set gap between magnets and coils at 25 thou. I can't figure out what I may have done wrong.?With a ing. coil in place amps read 1.3.
Regards
Bernie Byers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Boer on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 04:47 pm:

Hi Bernard
Last week I fired up a T engine
and the output of the mag is very
close to 40 volt AC
I remagnetised the magnets they hold
now 14 pounds.
I remagnetised the mags individual
The cap between magnets and coils is 025 - 028
greetings toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 05:10 pm:

Bernie
I think the problem lies with the magnet recharging. Please contact me directly at the number below during the day from 10am to 5pm EST so we can discuss.
Ron Patterson
859-881-1677

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bernard Byers on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 04:02 pm:

Thanks for your replies, checking magnets anmd coils again.
Bernie Byers

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration