1912 T photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: 1912 T photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 07:10 pm:

For those who enjoy early photos, here's one from Hillsboro KS of a 1912 T. Couple of other early vehicles too. Enjoy!

http://www.hillsboro-museums.com/Hillsboro-Kansas-a-short-history.html

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 10:23 pm:

That 1912 appears to be brand new! The young man behind the wheel is obviously going to use his 1912 Commercial Roadster as a chick magnet.

Thanks for sharing!

Royce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 12:02 am:

Great site and photos. We live in a Mennonite town in Nebraska (and are Mennonite). Thanks for the photos.

This photo shows two Mennonites heading to church last December, in our 1913 T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 06:24 am:

Rob, Mennonites here drive black vehicles, women(and little girls) wear dresses and little headpieces. Your pickup ain't black! How ya been, my friend?

Great post, Garnet!
Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 10:09 am:

Ray,

One of my grandmothers was Amish, from Iowa. She married a "heathen" Mennonite from Nebraska, and moved there. In Milford, we have several Mennonite churchs, and they range from strict to liberal (our variety is "liberal").

My parents are in their 80's, and winter in Arizona. When they return, I'll try to scan some old family photos with early cars. I recall seeing one photo with one set of grandparents, just married (1914), in a shiny new 13 or 14 T.

Great link Garnet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie in Houston on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 03:11 pm:

Garnet, that Mother-in-Law Roadster appears to be the 1911 style with the step body and two piece dashboard. Most 1912 models had straight sides on the body and a one piece dashboard. I think there was a little carry over of the 1911 style into the 1912 model year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 03:51 pm:

Rob, honestly, my friend, I thought you were joking. My apologies, and meant no disrespect to you. I didn't realize there were different ranges(?) of Mennonites. All I have ever known were as I described, the folks in this area that keep to themselves and rarely speak to others outside their community. Seriously, I thought Mennonites were liberal Amish.

There is a couple here who are some of my best friends. He was raised Amish, but shunned by the community because he divorced his promiscuous wife. He married a Catholic woman who had experienced similar problems with her husband. They are a blast to be around, and the stories he tells keep me in stitches. He still keeps his beard and practices his religion the way he was raised for the most part, but the two of them just don't feel they fit in anywhere other than together.

Didn't mean to get on the subject of religion, but I learned something! Thanks Rob for sharing.
Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 03:57 pm:

Willie,

12 rd

Here's a picture of the 1912 Commercial Roadster from the Ford brochure. The two piece firewall was used in the 1912 model (fiscal) year for about the first 5 months through at least January 1912 as shown.

Some models, the touring and the town car for example, continued to use the same bodies with the addition of front doors with the two piece firewall. One piece firewalls did show up later in the year on this same body. It would be interesting to know if there was an exact date the one piece firewalls began to be used. Obviously there would be a transition period of weeks and perhaps months.

There were of course three distinct different types of 1912 touring bodies, made by several body suppliers further clouding the issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie in Houston on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 05:28 pm:

Thanks Royce, I knew there was some carry over of the body style. I have a 1912 touring which has the later 1912 body. I had posted some engine overhaul pictures of the engine last fall showing sleeves in darn near everything. The serial # is 139,XXX approximately. I am trying to keep it mostly original. I need to get it out on a national tour again since it has new life in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 10:40 pm:

Willie,

Bring it to the Centennial celebration! I am bringing my entire fleet of T's. Hope to see you there!

Royce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry W. Fowler on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 11:13 pm:

Here is a picture of my 1912. It is an April model.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration