1913 Runabout turn signal switch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: 1913 Runabout turn signal switch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Houston, Broken Arrow, OK on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 07:39 pm:

I Have tried several and wasn't really happy, so I put a double throw switch on the panel center under the front seat where I could reach it with my right hand. Didn't like that either. So I took the tiny double throw switch of the Texas T Parts version and installed in in the left hand arm rest upholstery where my left hand normally lays. I love it! Hope you can see it in this photo.

pic1counterweights 142.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Houston, Broken Arrow, OK on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 08:02 pm:

Well, I screwed that up pretty good. I'll try again. Here's the photo.
pic1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 03:20 pm:

Fred-
I can't see it

???

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Houston, Broken Arrow, OK on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 10:59 pm:

Keith, You might need to get the Magnafying glass out!. It's that tiny shiney thing sticking out the front of the upholstery just above the upper fake door trim. That's what makes it "period correct", you can't see it!

It's maybe a half inch long and right in the center of the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Ducharme on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 11:50 am:

Since you are using the Texas T Parts switch, are you running a 12V system?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 06:09 pm:

Hi Fred,

That's a great looking job!

I looked at the vendor's catalogue, and see a switch mounted on a "box" of some sort. Did you bury the whole thing in the armrest, and cover it with material? Or did you somehow take the parts apart, and just use the switch?
Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Houston, Broken Arrow, OK on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 09:10 pm:

I just used the double throw switch. I'm sure the switch can be found with an online search.

Fred

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 09:31 pm:

Fred,
Thank you!
Dave

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration