One way to install a Cockpit choke on the early cars

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: One way to install a Cockpit choke on the early cars
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Houston, Broken Arrow, OK on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 08:16 pm:

When a starter is added to a pre-starter T, a choke is needed, here's one way to do it. First the mechanism at the Carb:

pic1

Next the choke button in the cockpit:

pic2

A manual choke wire kit from J. C. Whitney was used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken - SAT on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 09:14 pm:

Nice adaptation Fred. I'm thinking of using the same choke-cable system to activate a cutout and exhaust horn.

I see you're using the "boot". Are you using the pedal boots too? What's your comments on the available boots from the vendors?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 09:41 pm:

Fred, I'm curious about the piece of leather with the 2 holes on your mixture rod where it connects to the mixture screw. Did Ford use that originally or is that your idea to keep the rod from rattling? I like it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration