Cast Iron Pistons

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Cast Iron Pistons
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve B. on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 11:38 pm:

I've just pulled the head on my 1922 touring and have cleaned off all of the carbon and cleaned out the head bolt holes with a bottoming tap, ready to tackle the valves next.
I noticed that the cast iron pistons have "Ford" in script followed by "STANDARD" stamped into the tops. Are these indications of original pistons?
The cylinders appear to be in very good condition; no ridges or scoring.
Just curious.

Regards,

Steve Boothroyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 12:33 am:

Steve,

"Standard" means that the block has not been bored.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 05:59 am:

Steve, T blocks don't show a ridge groove as other engines because the top ring comes to the top of the bore. keith b

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration