Headlight restoration

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Headlight restoration
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hager on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 03:01 pm:

I am restoring a set of Model 16 John Brown headlights. Since asbestos is hard to come by in Podunk, Il. what is being used to replace the asbestos pad behind the glass reflector?

Mike Hager
Clinton, Il.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 03:14 pm:

A piece of Nomex padding or Kevlar cloth or fiberglas cloth would work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 03:18 pm:

Well, Mike, as Huck said in "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn": "...if it ain't unregular and irreligious to sejest it..."

I produce and sell this particular item, made of a heat-resistant fiberglass cloth. Email me off-Forum for the particulars.

rvmodelt@madbbs.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hager on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 03:44 pm:

Thanks for the responces.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By EnoughSaid on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 03:50 pm:

This is how the forum should work!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 07:36 pm:

This is how the forum should work!!

I agree with "EnoughSaid" and don't mind posting my name with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Costain on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 09:14 pm:

OUTSTANDING--Say no more say no less.
You have certainly helped this 77
year old newbie.
Joe

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration