Another one back in service

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Another one back in service
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Campbell on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 10:40 pm:

After 25 years another T engine comes to life. Sorry but the smoke, but it runs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Denis Chicoine, MD on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 12:30 am:

I LOVE another one running. I'm trying to decide whether to find a running "Doctor's Coupe" :-) or purchase one across the state that hasn't run in many years and needs a lot of work. My wife favors a running one, but I favor "old rusty" since we already have a running touring.
Noel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 01:58 am:

Congratulations Dave! It's beautiful!

Are you driving with Dennis back to Indiana?
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 09:34 am:

Nice! Congratulations! What color is the block? Is it painted silver/grey, or is it the unpainted original steel? If the latter, is is protected by a clearcoat or anything? I have heard that some blocks came off the assembly line unpainted and if that is the case with yours, it looks very good. Thanks. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 11:45 am:

Smoke means oil! IT also means it is running!
Good job on it to.Looks good.That is more than likely Cast blast or something similar.I used it on my 300 I6 in my 66 F100

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Campbell on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 11:16 pm:

The block is MRO Stainles Steel by Seymour paints. I building a speedster hence the blue pan. It's an all Canadian block so I may not change the head or I'll lose the made in Canada eh! Things are starting to come together, more pics next week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Frink on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 12:45 am:

Nice looking inliner, Mack.

Oh, nice looking chassis, Dave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 12:48 am:

Dave,I think you will notice a slight simularity in our projects! My blue is on the T block,yours is on the pan.
Will you be useing the blue on anything else like wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Campbell on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 04:45 pm:

Mack, wait and see. Hint, the rims are white and I will be using more blue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 05:52 pm:

Dave,

Great job! We are looking forward to updates as you continue with your project.

It looks like you have a temp gas tank above the carb on the cowl. Just be sure it is mounted securely. T's tend to vibrate and if it comes lose it might cause a fire. The WW-II B-29 Bomber Kee Bird was lost to a ruptured fuel line going to the auxiliary power unit (slightly different stories depending on the source -- I had heard the fuel tank was a temporary mount for a one time use which agrees with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kee_Bird but others say the auxiliary power unit broke loose http://www.aycsnetwork.com/keebirdb-29/usairpowerjournelwebsite.htm But they all agrees that gasoline went places it should not have gone)

Again great job!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Campbell on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 08:41 pm:

Still waiting for my rad to be fixed so I threw some wood on and took my first ever drive/ride in a model T. I never got out of low as that was scary enough when your instintive reaction to slow down is to push the clutch in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 12:53 pm:

Looking good, honestly though I like the look with out the radiator. It seems more sporty to me.

Other than your scary thoughts of wanting to use the clutch to slow down, how was your first ride?

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob sell on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 09:09 pm:

no radiator is much more "airodynamic!"
congrats! looking good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 10:04 pm:

Hum,werent it Franklins that were aircooled?
You could pipe the water to the back and install a hidden radiator!
It is fun to drive the old T's without a windsheild.Of course,when a bug finds you,you become the "windsheild"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 11:47 pm:

Mack, Franklins were air cooled. There were several different companies that made air cooled cars but Franklins were the most sucessful. If I can find out why I'm not getting spark on my Franklin then there would be another old car running.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 07:43 am:

Hap, thanks for the links to the Kee Bird. I never heard of that one. Hate too see one more of the old gals that'll never fly again.
Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:07 am:

i think our local pbs channel carried the story on that plane they dug out of the ice,replaced the engines and such,then it caught fire and burned.Honestly,that was 1 of those tv programs that caused a couple tears in my eyes.What a shame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 09:46 pm:

Hey Dave,
Lookin' Good!
Don't let Jeff drive it,he won't know how to crank! :-)
Cheers!
Maybe we'll see you touring this summer!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration