Help with cylinder head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Help with cylinder head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve B. on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 09:36 pm:

I posted a previous question about a possible cylinder head casting flaw for my 1922 T.
I then did some research and I found the following regarding cylinder head changes on the MTFCI site;

08/15/17 T-401-C Cyl Head Added 3/4" cored hole between chambers 2 & 3.

So does this mean that some heads with this hole are considered correct, and it is not a casting flaw?
Any idea if this means a new head is in order?
Please see the related photo.
Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Steve BoothroydCylinder head hole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 09:40 pm:

I aint never fiqured out why the dang block aint drilled for the hole.Looks like it would be a big boost for the cooling.I appreciate you bringing out this thread and questions as this has intrested me as to why there isnt a hole in the block to match the hole in the head.
Every head gasket i pull the metal is bubbled there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By james dimit on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 01:30 am:

My guess would be the hole is there to make it easier to remove casting sand from the water jackets when the head was originaly cast. Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration