Glover Ruckstell

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Glover Ruckstell
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Chennell on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 05:56 pm:

I'm working on a research project on Mr. Ruckstell, and I'm wondering what information is out there and published so far. Anyone have any leads?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 08:15 pm:

Contact Glen Chaffin at Chaffin's Garage. He is the authority on Ruckstell and his endeavors. Some time back the Vintage Ford ran an article on the development of the Ruckstell axle and Glover Ruckstell.
Fordially, Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Chennell on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 10:54 pm:

Erik,

Thanks. Will do. In the meantime, do you happen to know the issue that that ran in? I've got access to the whole run. Thanks again,

Luke Chennell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Haynes on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 07:27 pm:

I could be remembering wrong, but it seems like his first name was Grover. His company, Ruckstell Mfg., was still in business 15 or 20 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 01:36 am:

Ruckstell's name was Glover. For many years many in the model T hobby thought it was Grover but this was wrong. Hall Scott manufactured all Ruckstells untill 1925. The Eaton company was employed as the manufacturer between 1925 and 1927. Ruckstell then sold his rights to Eaton around 1927 or 28 who used the basic design in their heavy duty truck axles after the model T production ceased.. The Ruckstell California sales company is still in operation today. They now sell miscellaneous equipment and plastic products. The owner is George Inahara. However, the company has no connection to Ruckstell today other than they used to sell Ruckstell Axles back in the Model T days. They simply liked the name and continued to use it for their business. See the March-April issue of the Vintage Ford Magazine for the full story of Ruckstell and the Ruckstell Axle.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration