Spark plug indexing.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Spark plug indexing.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 11:06 pm:

I was messing with a tech test on the summit raceing website awhile ago,a fun thing to do when you are bored.Anyhow,there was a question related to spark plug indexing.
Here is a link to explain it.
http://www.advanceautoparts.com/english/youcan/asp/pht/pht20001001sp.asp

Would this help a T?
And if so,how could you set the electrode on a pipe thread plug? I doubt you could.Would probably need to use adaptors and 14 mm plugs.
Input? Ideas? Not worth the trouble?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 11:54 pm:

On my list of 1000 things to consider, indexing spark plugs would be #5001.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken - SAT on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 12:52 am:

On a high compression/high RPM engine you might gain a little but the T is far from that. The head, ports and runners are SLOW and designed for torque at a low rpm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 10:53 am:

start with a couple dozen spark plugs.
because not all plug holes or spark plugs are cut identically you would then start trying all the plugs in all the holes until you find 4 that index..very worth while when the engine involved is supercharged at more 10 percent over, or compression ratio is 12:1 or higher.
steve
26 cdn coupe

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration