Nice original touring n ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Nice original touring n ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 07:37 pm:

Found this nicely patinified 24 T on ebay, and thought it was kinda cool. I have nothing to do with it, but figured since it seems as thought it has been sitting for many years someone else might find it interesting.

The item number is 200199158402

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 09:04 pm:

The cell phone pictures don't do it any justice. Hard to tell if the car has usable parts or junk parts on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 09:22 pm:

If I didnt have so many projects and had the funds at hand to spend,I would jump on that like a duck on a june bug.That would be a great project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 06:54 am:

I'd be on it like stink on...uh...a skunk! Yep Mack, looks like another one for the pickin. Here I am trying to piece one together, and they just keep comin out of the woodwork in other parts of the country!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 06:56 am:

Like Royce said though, it's kinda hard to tell anything from those pictures. Looks like the paint is not completely gone though, so unless someone took all the good stuff off and swapped on a bunch of junk, I'd bet it's not too bad if everything is like the body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 08:24 am:

Why does it seem all the good deals are a zillion miles away? Everytime I see a decent car that goes for a reasonable price, it would cost just as much to get it home as he car costs. Well, with the one exception of that 1910 "one of a kind" now on ebay for $11,000.00. IT of course is right up the road! lol

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 08:35 am:

Ah, but Tim...we don't know what the asking price is for that car. It could be $2000, or it could be $8000. I want to see what the reserve is before I get excited :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 08:45 am:

I don't trust the guy...check his other auctions. He has a 64 Galaxy listed with a "factory 4spd". He says the engine is a FE (can tell by the picture it is) but doesn't know if it is a 427 or 390. Problem is, if it is a factory 4 speed the column has been changed. I think its likely the originaly column is in it (complete with the shift mechanism) and the 4-speed has been added. Actually, he states it has an original 4-speed shifter. Might still have the original 3-speed, and a Ford 4-speed shifter. Who knows...either way, something isn't right about that car and I think he's not telling the whole story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 09:05 am:

That car has already hit the reserve. The reserve was at 10k. Did you see my post about looking at that car 5 months ago to buy? To me, it wasn't worth the $4900.00 he was asking for it then! I know him personally. Not close as a friend, just know who he is. He runs a boad business in Navarre Ohio. His father started the business. It was originally just boats, then Jeep and marine. He and his father have always seemed to be able to turn a profit on everything they touched. Basically, a "car salesman" as they say......lol

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott rosenthal on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 03:16 pm:

Tim:
Glad to hear you ducked the bullet on this one. I saw $11000.00 and like ta s_ _t myself laughing.
Regards,
Scott Rosenthal

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration