STRIKING WATER

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: STRIKING WATER
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Byron on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 11:33 pm:

Aquired a complete T engine/trans (early) a couple of weeks ago that was touted as being a great runner. Yea verily, he did start it up and it ran just fine on the test stand he had it mounted on. I get it home, mount it up on my own stand, and procede to pull the hogs head to put in new bands. Guess what, a pan full of milk shake. Kind of ruined the day for me. My own fault, should have cracked the lower petcock. Moving forward, looking for expert opionions as to what to look for, other that the typical head gaskets. Thanks.....
Byron '26 Touring, '13,'19,'21,'23 Speedsters

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 06:13 am:

Do a compression test to see if it is a head gasket or a rusted thru block before you disassemble. If it only has a leak on one cylinder it will probably be a head gasket. If all the cylinders are the same it would indicate a likely block problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 07:24 am:

Pull the valve cover(s) off and check for evidence of coolant leaking in the valve area. My brother had one with that problem. We were able to clean the crack up with a small grinding wheel and JB weld the area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 07:26 pm:

Could have been someone using spray degreaser to clean engine, hosed off & water got into engine at "vent" between # 2&3 cylinders ?

It's happen before........

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration