A Kentucky member of Tennessee T's?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: A Kentucky member of Tennessee T's?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 08:21 am:

Yep. I is! Thanks Tennessee T's for the invite and having me. Looking forward to some good T-times!
Thanks!
Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 08:26 am:

I look forward to meeting you Ray. A buddy of mine and I might have to sneak up to Murray one Saturday and check out your speedster body. It sure looks like a neat project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 09:05 am:

Just remember Ray, if you are going to be an honorary member of the Tennessee Ts then it might be nice to paint that racer ORANGE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 09:06 am:

Same here Gary. You're welcome anytime, but lemme get it looking a little more like a speedster first! Right now it just looks like a bent-up piece of sheetmetal. I need a couple days of warm weather and I'll have something that is actually presentable.

Maybe soon it'll be decent weather and you folks will be having a little get-together and I can just come down that way with the TT and the body in the back?

Thanks again Gary, Ken, and all the rest!
Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 09:20 am:

Orange is an idea...not because of grown men playing football or Red Rover or some other playground games, but because is it a great color! hehe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 10:00 am:

Well,be carefull painting it orange,when sitting still it would like 1 of those rubber traffic cones,and you know how they get treated!:>)You will enjoy being in a group.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 12:55 pm:

I'm jealous. How far are they from you, Ray? The nearest one to me is probably 150 miles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stuart Hale on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 03:32 pm:

Ray,

Where are the TN T's out of?

Stuart

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 04:02 pm:

We are a state wide chapter however, most members are within 60 miles of Nashville. I think we have probably 10 members or so that are west of the TN river. Our chapter does weekend tours that people from all over the state come to. Ray is right on the KY TN border and closer to Nashville than many of us. We have done weekend tours up by the land between the lakes which is basically in Ray's backyard.

Ray lives about 90 miles east of me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 05:14 pm:

Thanks Gary. I was sleeping so I missed all the questions. Actually, I'm about 121 miles due north of Selmer. Where are you located?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard G.Goelz Knoxville,Tn on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 06:12 pm:

Ray,if you ever come way east of Nashville,we would be glad to have you join us at the Smoky Mountain Ts like the Tnnessee Ts we have members from Ky,Va,Nc,and one in Florida.We are based in Knoxville the tn Ts are based in Waverly,Tn .
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Swan on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 10:11 pm:

Seth Harbuck, I must make a point very clear. I am a member of the Tennessee T's and have been for years. I live in Tennessee and have most of my life. I DO NOT WEAR ORANGE as in University of Tennessee ORANGE. I root for two teams; GA Tech and who ever is playing UT. Sorry Richard one has to draw the line sometimes(grin). Ray and et al (whoever et al is) our club is a very active driving club and not a show or parade group. All folks are welcome, including UT fans!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 10:12 pm:

Ray, glad you are with us, I live in savannah tn, Ken Swan and I are always driving around together, maybe afore long we can get up your way in the T's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 06:38 am:

Seth, didst thou strike a nerve? LOL!

I'm not a fan of anybody, Ken (as far as sports go). Hope that don't count me out :-) As we discussed over emails, having a TT will severely hinder my ability to participate in a lot of driving (unless y'all wann drive in low), but hoping I can do some part to be a contributing member of the club. Maybe someday I'll turn the speedster from project to driver and then I can keep up! All that's lacking is an engine, radiator, title, and a lot of hours' work.

Keith, glad to be with you folks too! Like I said, y'all are welcome up this way any time. Savannah's a great town, been there a few times. Stone's throw from Shiloh battlefield, if I remember right?

Gary, Land Between the Lakes is my front yard when I have the sailboat anchored out on Ky Lake for a weekend. We've burned up a lot of Jet-Ski gas on that lake too! I keep intending to sail up the Cumberland from Barkley Lake to Ft.Donelson. I've seen it from the Confederates' point if view, but I would love to see what Donelson looked like to those Union gunboats after rounding that bend, just before getting blown out the water by them rebel farm boys!

Richard, thanks for the invite. We try to make it to Gatlinburg at least once a year. Next time we're out that way maybe I can give you a shout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 06:45 am:

Stuart, they are't too far from you! Hal...well, that's a different story!

Mack, interesting you mention a traffic cone. I was picking on one of the ladies tonight at work and she wrote "DUNCE" on one and stuck it on my head while I was sitting kicked back in the corner. They love me...nights go by so much faster when we're having a good time. I feel bad for them when they are working their butts off for a lot less than we make sitting in a chair or turning a wrench now and then, so I gotta pick and play and keep them smiling!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 08:31 am:

Ken,

Any club that would rather drive their cars than parade them sounds great by me. Too bad I'm a gazillion miles away. Football? How could I care anything about the silly game when I went to Tulane? I certainly don't paint many things green and don't wear green except on St. Patrick's Day.

I'm glad you aren't into orange either. My apologies if you found my comment offensive.

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 10:15 am:

Ray, I'm in the Memphis area. About 35 miles north (which is still about 100 miles too close). I am closer to Covington than Memphis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Swan on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 01:01 am:

Hey Seth, no sweat, I have to live with UT orange all around me. My wife teaches on one of the UT campuses! Join our Tennessee Ts club anyway, we have members all over the country.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stuart Hale on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 02:09 am:

Hi Ray and all,

Yes, it doesn't sound like they are far at all. Afterall, Hopkinsville isn't that far from Nashville and I'm working in Clarksville, TN.

And don't be knockin orange cars...... I happen to own an orange corvette..... yes I know, it's a Chevy, but can't we all just get along... :-)

I'd like a little more information on the TN T's, though...

Stuart

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 06:00 am:

Good! I hoped you'd go for it Stuart!

Not knocking... orange is about my favorite color. The best looking and fastest car I've ever owned was a 71 Buick GS-455, orange and black. My '31 Plymouth will someday be House of Kolor Kandy Tangerine over a silver base. Some of the best-looking muscle cars were orange.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Sizemore on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 08:41 am:

Ken We root for the same. Glad to another GT fan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard G.Goelz Knoxville,Tn on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 09:23 am:

Just for John and Ken,GO BIG ORANGE!! grins
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Sizemore on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 02:12 pm:

Here ya go Rick. Speedster Chuck sold a few yrs ago

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 04:17 pm:

That's disturbing...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stuart Hale on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 02:23 am:

Hi Yall,

LOL...... I like to think of my 77 Corvette as "Hooters" orange, myself...... I'm not a Tennessee fan......

Stuart

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration