1913 Door Hinges

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: 1913 Door Hinges
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 05:37 pm:

Can anyone tell me what 1913 Model T Touring door hinges look like? Iíve been looking for a set, but I donít really know what Iím looking for. Iíve seen a few on ebay that I was very skeptical about because I didnít think the seller knew what he was talking about. What is the difference between the 1913 hinges and the 1914-25 door hinges? It would be great if someone could post a picture of the two side-by-side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 03:57 pm:

I have a photo of one hinge offered on ebay as an "early hinge". I'm not so sure. It looks like a 1925 roadster door hinge to me. Are the 1913 hinges rectangular like this, or are wider at the bottom? Does anyone have any measurements?

Model T "early hinge"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 04:13 pm:

Rick,I'm pretty sure that is a 1925 hinge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 02:47 am:

Hi Rick. Here is a photo showing the longer 1913 only hinge and the 1914 - 1925 hinge. The 1913 is 12" high and the 1914 onwards one is 10 1/4" high. 1913 doors spanned the full height of the body which I guess is the reason for the longer hinge. 1914 onwards doors are shorter and so had a shorter hinge. 1909-10, 1911, and 1912 hinges were approximately the same height as 1914 onward hinges. An easy way to tell the 1913 hinges is to count the number of screw holes. They have 8 holes instead of seven.

Regards, Andrew.

Hinge comparison

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:07 am:

Thanks for the photo comparison Andrew !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:47 am:

Andrew, Thanks a lot!!! Now I know what to look for. I couldn't find a picture of that hinge anywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:56 am:

That's "Swap Meet Andrew" who would be at Chickasha (Chickensaw) if he didn't live so far away. Right, Andrew?

Seth :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 06:06 pm:

That's right Seth. I have been known to hit the road in search of rust at short notice but a trip across the water takes a little more planning. I'll get there one day! Andrew

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration