Door hinges for suicide door coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Door hinges for suicide door coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James H. Daw on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 10:08 pm:

I was cleaning up the hinges for my coupe and noticed on the back of them in about a 3/8 in. square was the words Stanley Made in USA. Is this normal for replacement hinges or are they just what someone found to use? They are heavy built and have a removable pin.
Thanks
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 10:28 pm:

My 25 tudor hinges are Stanley also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 07:43 am:

Dave_Sosnoski has done a lot of research on the coupes. Iím 90% sure that one of the items he shared a while back was that Stanley (yes the same one that makes the Stanley tools still today) used to produce the hinges used on some of the coupes. If you do a search on that and/or just contact him he can confirm that one way or the other. Bottom line they fit and work great. Daveís e-mail address is avaible by clicking on his name at the posting he placed at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/48035.html?1202933366

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave_Sosnoski on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 10:50 am:

Yes - I have seen the Stanley logo on hinges. The logo I've seen is the "sweetheart" logo which is SW inside a heart. The SW stands for Stanley Works and the heart is in reference to the name of it's long time president William Hart. This is the logo they were using from about 1920 - 1935.

Dave S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James H. Daw on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 02:35 pm:

Thank you Jack,Hap, and Dave. I just assumed that there would be the Ford logo on them. The writing on mine is in about a 3/8 in square and so small I had to use a magnifying glass to read it. Thanks again for your replies.

Jim D.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration