OFF topic.Hotdogging around

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: OFF topic.Hotdogging around
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 06:38 am:

http://www.star-gazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080211/NEWS01/802110323 /1001

You know this had to be a strange site on the side of the road.At least it werent the big 1 built on a freightliner chassis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 07:16 am:

One thing concerns me;
------------
For Kurzejewski, veteran of hundreds of tows over the years, Sunday's experience was a new one.

"I've pulled out a lot of vehicles," he said. "But that's the first wiener I've ever pulled out."
-------------

Wonder how many kids that poor fella has :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Moore on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 10:25 pm:

Ray,

That last line is the funniest thing I have read all week.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 11:00 pm:

This maybe not off topic. A few years back I ran into the Wienermobile (had to get the grandson a wienie whistle, I still have mine when the Wiener was mounted on a Packard) They gave me a postcard showing the history of the vehicle, the first one (1931) looks like the wiener is mounted on a '27 T frame.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 11:06 pm:

Ray, Tim is right on the money . . I'm still laughing. I thought it, but Tim said it.

Ross Benedict

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 05:01 pm:

I wonder how much flack that fella got from his peers after reading what he was quoted as saying? If someone I knew said something like that to the press, I'd never let him live it down!:-)

Alex, any chance you might scan and post that picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 11:01 pm:

Ray,

I wish I could but I have no idea what happened to it, but I pulled up the Oscar Meyer (Golda's son, think about that one) website, the one they're showing is not the one I remember. It looks like it has steel artillery wheels where as the on the postcard had wire wheels either 27 T or early Model A & the vehicle was a lot smaller.

The present Wienermobile is 7,000 pounds & is a fully equiped luxury motorhome & the female crew deserve it.

And yes George Osgood deserves the Pullitzer for the article (laughed my ass off) & I'm sure Caylen Goudie's gotta be a blonde.

One more thing, the Wienie Whistle is a lot cheesier than the old ones. Waxing nostalgic does anyone remember the Hienz Pickle pin, we used to wear them on our caps.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By andy samuelson on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 03:05 pm:

I still have a few heinz pickle pins, my father was a sales rep for them for about 30 yrs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 07:24 pm:

Alex-
How 'bout posting a picture of that '27 wiener?
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas J. Miller on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 07:45 pm:

A hilarious account of last week's unfortunate accident with the Weinermobile in Pennsylvania.
http://www.stargazettenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080211/NEWS01/802110 323

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration