Help needed re driveshaft part

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Help needed re driveshaft part
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 01:55 pm:

I need to make a spacer, the little piece that fits over the pressed inner sleeve on the end of the driveshaft. I have an early driveshaft with the cup and race thrust bearing and need to make the spacer that keeps the roller bearing from touching the race of the thrust bearing. Its a small but necessary piece. I just need to know the thickness so I can make one. I want to get this thing done today and would really appreciate someone responding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 04:22 pm:

Distance plate dimensions are: ID 1.257 OD 1.982 and .095 thick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 05:16 pm:

Kim, thanks for the information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 07:47 pm:

Richard, I manufacture this part, P/N 2588. It's in our catalog. Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 08:53 pm:

Thanks Glen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 06:28 am:

Glen, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but who are you and what catalog? Another vendor's catalog is always nice to have sitting next to my chair! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 06:36 am:

Ray, Glen is over on the West Coast and carries a good number of T parts. He's also the guy who gets credit for all the Ruckstell parts that are available. Good outfit to buy from although he's a fer piece away from ya.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 07:06 am:

Thanks Warren! How would one get a catalog in hand?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 10:10 am:

Go to the vendors list and punch Chaffin's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 12:51 pm:

Ray, I thought that I was on everybodys list. And sometimes thats not good. Some have recenty been criticiced for advertising on the forum so I didn't want to mention my company name. If you call 951-735-4791 we will be happy to send you a catalog. We have been trying to help those in the hobby for the last 35 years.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration