Can anyone identify this fender?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Can anyone identify this fender?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob sell on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 02:43 pm:

i need some help identifying this fender it looks like a roadster fender but i am not sure it is even a ford fender any help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob sell on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 02:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob sell on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 02:46 pm:

thanks for any help!

bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 02:58 pm:

Bob, I don't think it's Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob sell on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 03:02 pm:

no i dont either but i thought mabey someone might reccognize it it is close to my 27 roadster but not exact.
thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 03:22 pm:

Late 20's Chevy? Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken - SAT on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 03:53 pm:

Not Ford T or A. I think Dan may be right. The early Dodge trucks had a bolt on fender like that but it doesn't look wide enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob sell on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 04:08 pm:

it is wide..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Ward on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 10:06 pm:

It's not an early 20's Chevrolet. I have a 23. It could be 12-18.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob sell on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 12:08 pm:

any ideas where else i could post it to find out for sure?
thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 05:13 pm:

I'm still thinking Dodge or Plymouth. I visit the P15/D24 site (30-50 Mopar) once in a while but there's a few guys there that have interests in the earlier Mopar iron. Might be someone there that can say yea or nay and at least narrow the search.

You can get there from here: http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/index.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 05:18 am:

It sure looks like Dodge to me too, but My fenders are in storage, so I can't compare them.
(16 DB touring).
T'
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott rosenthal on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 12:14 pm:

Bob:
Looks like a 26 Buick. If you look at Ebay Item #280201546386, it's a dead ringer. Peter Dumma (apologies for the spelling if incorrect Peter) from Toronto ought to know this one. By the way Peter, good to see your smiling face in the About Town News Letter (just recently received all of the back issues). You and I met years ago when I built a 29 Silver Anniversary #26 coupe that resided in Cincinnati.
Best Regards,
Scott Rosenthal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob sell on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 10:02 pm:

sure does look close ill try to find a buick site and try that mean while if anyone else may know please let me know.

thanks

bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Erfert / Flagstaf, AZ on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 10:59 pm:

Bob, I just got rid of a 1936 Chev PU that had the same fenders or at least looked the same. It looks like truck a truck fender and The wheels were 5.00 X 17" Artillary wheels. Had pictures but can't find them under all this T stuff.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 07:08 am:

I may be wrong, but it don't look like a pickup fender. The flanges are wrong for bolting to a PU box. The lower rear flange is the only part that would bolt to a vertical surface and that would have bolted to either a gas tank cover or frame cover. Above that, the flange angles inward to bolt to the wheelhouse of the body

My 31 Plymouth had similar fenders, but not exactly like those.
Ray

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration