Brassworks Radiator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Brassworks Radiator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael F. Thomas on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 08:35 am:

I have a new brassworks radiator on my 25 coupe. I have found that the steel plate that runs through the radiator and forms the mount is rusting. Is this common? What have you folks done to remedy this ugly rust stain?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 09:13 am:

My Brassworks radiator was completely painted satin black when I received it. If yours has bare metal, it should be cleaned of rust and painted. If you do decide to paint your radiator, NEVER paint it with regular paint. Instead, be sure and use specialty paint designed specifically for radiators. Radiator paint provides for the heat exchange necessary for efficient cooling. Regular paint inhibits this heat exchange, preventing your readiator from functioning at full capacity, causing your car to overheat more easily. You can get this aerosol paint from Eastwood Company. Click onto www.eastwoodco.com and type "radiator paint" into the search box at the top of the page. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Keefer on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 04:59 pm:

I have found that the cheapest spray flat black works fine. The cheap stuff has less solids. I detail mine with this stuff. Someday I may need to remove it but the T runs quite cool now.
Noel

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration