Two Lever Two pedal Model T Fords

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Two Lever Two pedal Model T Fords
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnie on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 02:49 pm:

On page 46 of Bruce's fine book are pictures of the transmission with two levers, two pedals of early Model T Fords. I have a number of questions!

First, there appears to be a rear cross member directly behind the transmission. I assume that this is a demonstration unit and not the situation in real life. Is this true?

Second, the picture on the left hand side of the page in the center shows a lever disconnected. Is this lever the reverse lever?

Third, if this is the reverse lever does one need to pull towards the rear of the vehicle in order to acutate reverse?

Fourth, are the shafts that the two levers connect to concentric? In other words is one shaft a hollow tube that in wrapped around the other?

Fifth, is the lever that is forward in the center picture farther away from the left frame rail than the lever that is pointed toward the rear of the car in that center picture?

Sixth, the caption mentions a roller in the reverse cam lever. Can anyone point out what I am looking for and in what picture(s) this roller appears?

Seventh, what is the "tang" in the lower righthand picture attached to?

Thanks, Pete and James for the information already provided on these early vehicles. It helps me get a better understanding of these early vehicles.

On page 11 in the right hand column under T-873-BF, at the end of that paragraph it states: "These levers(T-1820-F and T-875-BF) are both new designs". I did not understand the numbers. Was there both a T-873-BF and T-875-BF lever or are they the same and just a typo in the numbers? If only one number, is it 873 or 875?

Arnie

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration