What radiator apron?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: What radiator apron?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Journey on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 03:24 pm:

My car is missing the lower radiator apron, and I'm just curious as to what type it should have.
The motor # works out to be October 10, 1923.

Thank you
Erik.3/4 view of front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Campbell on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 03:28 pm:

Should have the wide one and not the skinny for the high radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 03:29 pm:

Your fenders do not have the flares on the front so you need the skinny apron like used from 17 to 23.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 03:54 pm:

Jim,

The use of the apron you describe has nothing to do with the fender flares. There are many T's without the flared fenders that have the wide, full apron.

It's more a destinction between low radiators having the narrow apron, (Lang's c/n 3977A), and high radiators having the full apron, (Lang's c/n 3977BQ or 3977EB).

The T pictured needs c/n 3977BQ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Journey on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 04:39 pm:

Thank you everyone for your input.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 04:48 pm:

This seems to be a commonly missing piece. My TT came without it, and I've seen several others the same way.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration