Anybody recognize these wheels?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Anybody recognize these wheels?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 05:30 pm:

I'm about finished with Part One of my TT project, the rear wheels, but my lack of familiarity with these trucks is showing. I'm wondering if these are TT wheels from Ford, or if some other make has been used on this truck. What makes me wonder is the shape of the valve stem holes in the felloes.

As the first picture shows, the holes are oblong, not round, with a raised lip. I added an extra piece made from a fender washer to provide a flat surface to seat the hardware for the valve stem cover.

If these are aftermarket wheels or some other make, I'm not looking to replace them. They fit the axles, and the TT hubcaps fit them. I'm just curious about whether those oblong holes indicate non-TT wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 06:30 pm:

My TT wheels have the same oblong holes. But it's an early TT, 1918 I tihnk, and so I assume it came stock with solid rubber tires. I have, therefore, always assumed they are after market wheels because a solid rubber tire doesn't need a hole for a stem. However, I do not know for sure. Just guessing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 06:34 pm:

They look just like the ones on my 26, and the NOS wheel assembly I have.
Ray

looking good, Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 07:47 pm:

That looks like the 1's I have that I bought not really knowing what year they are.

Btw,if you get bored,I have another set you can fix to look that good if you just need something to do! :>)

Good job on the wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 01:24 am:

Dang Steve, I'm pukin' sick GREEN over that shop! Way too much empty space though. You build blimps in there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 02:02 am:

Ken, that's the sign factory where I work. I've been doing my parts painting there after work and cooking the parts in the big walk-in oven where we bake the signs. It's a much warmer place to work than my barn this time of year.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration