Not T, but Preservation-Save the Delta Queen Needs you NOW!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Not T, but Preservation-Save the Delta Queen Needs you NOW!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 02:22 pm:

HI all,
I know it's a bit of a stretch, but I'd think this group would be very interested.
The Campaign to Save the Delta Queen, the last original operating overnight steamboat left on American waters, has reached a critical moment. There will be legislation introduced when congress reconvenes in a week and a half. That legislation can only make it to the floor of the house by a positive vote of the rules committee. Otherwise the very powerful representative from Minnesota, the Hon. James Oberstar, will prevent it from being voted on by the rest of the house (Yes, ONE person in congress can have this power). YOU can help NOW, to understand the issue I suggest going to one of these sites, they are more eloquent than I.
www.save-the-delta-queen.org
www.steamboats.org
And the Majestic America Lines (current operators of the Delta Queen) white paper on the subject at:
http://www.majesticamericaline.com/SaveTheDeltaQueenWhitepaper.aspx

This effort is completely grass-roots effort by those of us who love the boat and would like to see this piece of American history continue to run. It really needs YOU to make it happen. We are not asking congress for any money; just asking them to correct a law that their researchers have admitted is being misapplied. Congress has extended this exemption nine times in the past, and the current legislation has 24 cosponsors from both political parties. Please help out NOW!
Steamcerely,
David Dewey
Delta Queen

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration