Where can I buy wholesale brass parts?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Where can I buy wholesale brass parts?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob poane on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 09:26 pm:

I invented an item that a few T'ers might like to have as a novelty. But it is not worth buying retail then selling wholesale to a T vender who will sell it for retail. I have a vender who will sell the brass part to me at his cost, but there is not much profit to split with him to make it worth making and selling. If the T store wants to carry 'it', they to will mark it up.

So, does anyone know where to buy wholesale brass parts?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 11:36 pm:

Go to the source but expect to possibly purchase "whatever" by the thousands. Not always but in most cases the flow of products is factory, distributor, wholesaler, dealer, customer. Everyone below the factory adds a piece to the retail pie as a service to others for stocking and/or selling in progressively smaller quantities. As you work up the ladder, required purchace quantity increases.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Martin on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 07:24 am:

Try these guys
http://www.essexbrass.com/essex.htm
They are a US company in Detroit, And are good to work with.
I buy all of my brass for the T and antique engines from them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob poane on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 07:28 pm:

I'm specifically looking for the brass or aluminum hubs, if anyone knows where to buy these. Thanks for your help.

Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration