Truck club?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Truck club?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven G. Williams on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 11:18 pm:

Is there a Model T truck club, or ton truck club? and do they have a web site? thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 11:22 pm:

MTFCI has one here:

http://www.tontruckclub.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 03:29 am:

Good luck! I joined the MTFCI for the sole purpose of joining the ton truck club (required to join the ton truck club)...can't even get a reply for the president. I think he is on a permanent vacation. If the ton truck club exists, you can't prove it by me.

Why don't we start our own?? Personallly, I'm sick of these clubs that exist only to get our $15. We need a legitimate club, or none at all!
Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 07:47 am:

Lets go!

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 08:50 am:

May I chime in? What do we need with a seperate club? A TT is a Model T.It is just bigger and a little slower.The TT's have noticably gotten popular the past 2 years or so.When I started on mine in about 94 and started posting on this forumn back in about 2000,a TT was just about as unknown and unappreciated as a 74 Mercury bobcat wagon.
We as members just need to build up awareness of these trucks and as time goes by the pages in the parts catalogs will grow.As will the technical knowledge.It would good to be able to borrow or buy a vhs tape on how to overhaul the TT rearaxle like can be had for the T axle.It will be a matter of time but if we keep at it,it can happen.
The rear axle of my TT must have come from the Valdeese,and I hope to fix it or 1 of the other 9 I have behind the shed so i can keep the brakes dry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 10:16 am:

I'm with Mack on this one also. Why leave us? - just because we don't have worm gear rear ends?

I, for one, kinda like the spice of the TT guys - right here. Looks to me like you already have a fraternity going. Why change anything?

Have a fine week, regardless of what kind of T you have!

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 12:36 pm:

Gee Seth, You're spoiling my plans to start the "only drive your Model T on every other Thursday" club!!!
:-) :-) :-)....Michael Pawelek

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 12:52 pm:

Michael!
Thursday!!!!????! NO-NO.

Tuesdays,after 12,before 3 and only in sunlight!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 12:53 pm:

I forgot to insert Smileys!OOPS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 01:27 pm:

Well I wasn't suggesting a gated community for TT owners, but you guys are right. We are a bit handicapped when it comes to the thought of touring with a regular T club though. If we all lived within 50 miles of each other it would be fun but, since we are scattered from west (Jim) to to east (Mack), the chances of us all getting together in one place are mighty slim.

I ain't going anywhere:-) Oh, and my original statement had nothing whatsoever to do with the Tennessee T's or any local chapter. I was only frustrated with the Ton Truck Club.
Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 03:45 pm:

Ray; Sure we can, you and Mack just start out west and I'll have the beans and sirloin ready for Thanksgiving. Weather is forecast to be in the mid 70s.

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 04:06 pm:

Now that would be interesting...a coast-to-coast trip in a TT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 06:29 pm:

Ray; I'm sure that Mack is ready to drop everything and start out, so it's up to you. Don't be a party poop.

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 06:54 pm:

I could follow behind coast-to-coast on my Fordson tractor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 07:00 pm:

Mike,what is top speed in one of those? My 8N has the alternate tranny and will run 30-35 down the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken - SAT on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 07:28 pm:

I don't know if I'd want my rear-end WORMED (Sounds like it would hurt) but I sure have taken a liking to the closed cab. Bobby Patton's TT-CC body is on a car chassis. Should go as fast as any sedan! ;)

No need for a separate club. Many recent posts have taken over here. After all, it is a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 07:54 pm:

I need to get the better wheels on my TT before I start out that far!:>)
Might need to make a windsheild.
It would probably be intresting to see just how many times you got flipped off by passing traffic on I 40 doing 18 mph!:>)

Any farm tractor worth it's salt can blow the running boards off a TT.

Ken,they got some medicine that they give ye,you wont remember anything :>)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 08:04 pm:

Jack, top speed of the Fordson F will scare you, if you are on a hard surface with the steel cleats you had better be hanging on. I would say it runs about 15 mph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 11:14 pm:

When I first got my "TT"...There was a group out west...."So.California Cargo Carriers"...I never made it to any meetings,but they asked me to come....I think they were a bunch of "old guys",,,,Now that I'm 60 I guess I'd fit in ???Funny how that works out...... Does anybody remember the group???.......My poor little dump truck is sittin' down in a "Sea Bin"at my work-place waitin' for a final paint job on the cab & fenders.....Ya know they are slow,,,,,but I aways had fun just rollin' on down the highway.......Carl aka Spanky

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven G. Williams on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 11:42 pm:

LOLOL well, I certainly started something with my innocent little question, didn't I? FYI the website works. Can't speak to lack of response to questions etc. to web site or officers.
I like the idea of tt folks posting here, and see no real need for a separate group. Of course, I don't yet own a truck. But one day...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 11:55 pm:

If Ray and Mack make it I will be there with my TT, would not miss that!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 12:05 am:

2,740 mi to Jim Weirs place about 2 days 9 hours at normal speed in a modern car avoiding hiways.

6.34 days at 18mph is what I come up with.That would be driving 24 hours a day.driveing it 8 hours a day would be 18.9 days.Hum,I love driveing my TT but I do beleive by that time I would be ready to trade straight up for a 1980 Chevy citation with 230,000 miles on it to drive back home.:>)well not really!
The steak and beans sound good though.And I aint never been 1 to turn down free food! :>)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger K on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 06:07 am:

Ok, 2740 miles in 19 days ...but how about gas mileage? :-{

I've seen averages like 20 mpg for regular T:s - how much does a TT without overdrive buzzing around at 20 mph usually need? (7:1 or 5:1 should make a difference)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 04:37 pm:

I've not driven mine a distance far enough to really check mileage! I think the farthest I've driven mine is about 6 miles.

Ya know Mack, if it wasn't for being gone from home that long (things start falling apart over the four days I'm working) I'd go for it. A trip like that would have to be a blast, but I think I'd take a tent since 18mph might cause problems out there on the plains. Can you imagine, it's getting dark and you see a sign for the next exit 35 miles away? Not a problem in our modern cars (about 30 minutes away), but in the TT that is 2 hours before gas or sleep.

One perk to traveling in the TT is the amount of space we have to carry stuff with us, and having a medium load in the bed makes a big difference too in the ride. An empty TT is like riding in a log wagon. The voice activated cruise control and climate control is nice when you got your hands full ("son, pull down that lever a bit"..."son, open the windshield a bit").

Ken, I I haven't seen Bobby's, but I like the closed-cab project that John Pappas is working on ( http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/47848.html?1203197951 ) I've wanted a closed or C cab on a car chassis for a long time, and seeing his just strenthened that want. I'd love to do one, then build a shortened version of the TT bed like Jim Wier's. I like the 28-29 A pickups, but I think a T pickup would be the beans! It would be a bit more practical than a TT.

Jim, it's tempting, but I think I'll wait until I retire to attempt something like that. Kroger don't let us have enough vacation time to get to your place and back, and a sick leave wouldn't be a good idea either. I'm sure a local news reporter or two would pick up on a story like that, and it wouldn't look good to be on extended sick leave and show up on TV making a cross-country trip in a Model T farm truck:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cap weir on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 05:24 pm:

Dad and I had a BLAST driving to Texas to get his C cab-- other than blowing a tire on the T doing 70, it was uneventful.. The T was still on the trailer!..Scared us to death!.. I'll let you old farts drive your T's.. I'll follow along in the parts car with the trailer..Cap Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 05:41 pm:

Cap, I've spent a lot of my life working with cars intended to go much faster than is sane, and had the same attitude as yours through a lot of it. Some day, you'll be an old fart too and do anything possible to just "slow down" a bit :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 10:02 pm:

Ray, I'll shoot a couple of pictures when I get my camera back. The truck is pretty close to being finished and I know Bobby is getting antsy. It's the one with the extended frame I've posted before. (Just don't blame me for the colors)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 11:13 pm:

Cap; What do you mean OLD.

Dad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 11:39 pm:

This thread sounds like a truck club meeting, not that I have ever been to one. I hope we don't loose any truck posts.

Is a roadster pickup a truck or a pick up. I guess it is a truck because either one lacks pickup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Pappas on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 04:43 am:

Hi, Ken:
I can't wait to see some pictures of that truck.
Today we were finally figuring out how to attach our cab to the chassis, and I think it's working out well. We were lucky!
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Pappas on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 04:55 am:

Hi, Ken:
I can't wait to see some pictures of that truck.
Today we were finally figuring out how to attach our cab to the chassis, and I think it's working out well. We were lucky!
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 05:37 am:

Sounds good Ken, can't wait to see some pictures even if the colors are uh, not black :-)

Michael, looks like Steven found his truck club maybe??

Steven, all you gotta do on here to start a big discussion about TT's is well, ask a question about TT's! We love to talk about our trucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 08:53 am:

Ray, why carry a tent along? Just stretch some canvas over the bed of the truck and you have your living quarters right there! (grin)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George House on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 10:16 am:

Guys, Over 10 years ago I attempted to establish a tour exclusively for TTs. Jay Klefoth and Gator Gould still encourage me to rejuvenate the idea when we meet. After presenting the idea to my local club, and meeting with much verbal approval, I even went so far as to publicize it in the Vintage Ford. I was amazed at the response ! One hardy soul was going to drive his C Cab from either Maine or Vermont to south Texas for the tour!! Unfortunately, when committees were put to paper and presented to the local Model T Club at a subsequent meeting; absolutely no one offered to help so the idea died on the vine. If someone with obviously more organizational skills than I were to design a tour for us worm-and-ring guys; please save tour banner #1 for me. BTW, my dad drove a TT from Houston, TX to Rosedale, OK in '27 to elope with mother. . . ..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 11:28 am:

is there any where a group of 18mph vehicals could travel without getting cussed by the public?

A tour for TT's would ,out of common sense and safty ,start at a place folkes could trailer them to and start and finsh in lower volume traffic areas.
I reckon a fellow could go to the highway department and get traffic counts for roads in a area a tour was planned to make it safe.
If you really want to SEE the country side and drive at the same time,it can be done in a TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 11:29 am:

oh yea,I forgot to mention,it would be hard for me to tarp over the dump bed and sleep,The fetal postion isnt confortable for me anymore.I think my bed is 5 foot long or so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Ogdon on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 06:47 pm:

I have owned a 1923 C Cab TT for about a year. I have had it on the road FOUR times. The tontruckclub webmaster was very good at answering my early questions. His name is Mark Williams. I would add a photo but the computer tells me that my JPG's are too large.

Ron Ogdon
San Diego, CA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 09:03 pm:

You could certainly tour in rural areas of southern Kansas without a lot of traffic problems. Of course, such a tour would involve a lot of unpaved roads. I'm sure the same holds true in other parts of the country.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven G. Williams on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 11:53 pm:

Steve, a truck on an unpaved road sounds like a lot of fun! Even my T on such a road would be a pleasurable experience!

Ray, yes, looks like we have a club! Now all I have to do is get a truck to join!
Regards,
Steven Williams
Poplar Bluff, MO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 05:59 am:

Steven, I dodn't realize you are in PB! I'm just a hop across the river in Ky. We'll have to hook up sometime and shoot the bull. Whaya mean you got no truck...How about some pics of that ALF?

Steve Jelf, I was in Great Bend a few years ago picking up a Buick, and I just loved it there. Not near as humid as here, fewer people, and the ones I ran into were very nice. Dirt roads, even in town. I absolutely love it there and if I was single I'd be out there somewhere.

Ron, I'm glad you got in touch and it's working out for you. After a couple returned emails that said the address was invalid, I gave up. I'm kinda cranky that way. If they can't keep the site up to date then how much of a club can it be? I'm not saying anything against them personally, I'm only going on my first impression. I joined the MTFCI (instead of the MTFCA) because the site said it was required. THen I tried to contact the Ton Truck Club with my information and couldn't.
Email me the picture and I can gt it posted for you. Love to see it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 11:21 am:

Come to think about it, this low speed thing, with regard to TT Touring, is no biggie when you consider the Amish and their bicycle speed buggies scattered about the country.

And if you are bothered by road rage types just install, because of lacking Model T accessories, not a right or left turn signal, but following in Henry's philosophy, "the middle finger turn signal", which might not follow the traffic code, but seems to be standard practice here in Chicago. What a fun project that would be to make!

Disclaimer: On second thought this might require armor plating of the truck, maybe not such a good idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 12:52 pm:

Well, it's not like you're gonna outrun them after you flip 'em off. Nor can you come back later and say, no that wasn't me. Must have been some other guy in a raggedy ole TT truck. Surely there must be dozens of them in town.;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 02:40 pm:

Ya all; This has got to be the greatest fantasy post that has existed in a long time. But the beans and sirloin still stand.

Thanx

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 06:47 pm:

Well I just got me a little gps unit ,a Magellan roadmate 1200.I went out in the TT for a short run,holding it up as I was driveing.I got up to 24 mph down hill.The most I could get uphill was 20.And I about froze doing it.It has gotten cold and wet here quick.After that run,I didnt feel like getting the "hotrod" out to see what it would do.TO COLD!

I would hate to think what it would feel like trying to drive this tt out in the rain and snow at 18-20 mph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KIT LARSEN on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 06:50 pm:

Hi Steve:
I sent the tt club a $10 check months ago.
No word from them.
I have a ton truck witch runs. Not for the road.
Needs much work.
See you down the road.

Kit Larsen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 07:34 pm:

C'mon Kit...pictures! Tell us about your truck
Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart hale on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 04:09 pm:

Hi All,

Life in the slow lane is also enjoyed by one and two cylinder cars of the period. Some had a top speed of 20 mph or so. I don't have a TT truck, but I do have a 1908 two cylinder Kiblinger truck that I hope to restore. It's going to be a machining project, but well worth it....

Stuart

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven G. Williams on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 06:52 pm:

Good for you Stuart! keep pictures to post here, before, during, and after!

And I am on my way tomorrow to get my first truck, bonafide truck, as the fire truck is a fire truck and not a ford truck... lolol. When I return I'll post info here.
Steven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 01:14 am:

Stuart, you know you can call on me with anything you need help with on that Kiblinger!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott owens on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 10:20 pm:

I dont know what type of tt you guys have but I have a tt with the 5.25 gears with 700-20 tires and using a gps have clocked 43 mph and cruise at 25 to 30. 6 to one pistons stock cam. I get around 8 loaded and 12 empty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 10:40 pm:

I think mine has the 6.00 -20/s.
I exchanged the gps I had for a better 1 by Garmin,I aint had a chance to check the speed with it yet.But I was going downhill with as much throttle as I feel good about giveing it and I never got over 24.I wanted to see 25 but never did.headed back home,up hill,did get to 20 for a short time.
I must have the 7-1 ratio rearaxle.
Was the worm drive really whineing at 43 mph?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:23 am:

OK, truck persons, can anybody tell me how the spring tie bolt comes out of the rear spring? Both of them are in solid. Is something inside threaded so I have to turn them out with a wrench, or do you drive them out? Also can anyone explain that piece of tarpaper I found under the spring clip plate?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Brown on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 10:34 am:

Steve,

That centre bolt just goes through the holes in each spring leaf and should drive out. If it was like mine with a lot of broken springs, they tend to jam up against the bolt so I found that jiggling and hitting the springs sideways as well as driving the bolt eventually got it free

jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 04:22 pm:

There is alot of rust and so forth in there.The last 1 I took apart,I had to use a wooden block and large hammer to get them down some,then a brass punch to knock them on out.Expect to have to chase the threads on them.

On 1 that I messed with I used a rachet and socket and I bumped the bolt and used the rachet on the head and got it to "unscrew" basicly.Either way,it aint easy.
And like Jeff said,wapping the spings will help alot.They will also be a pain to get out.

The tar paper is a new 1 on me.Could have been a anti squeek idea?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 05:20 pm:

I have used a Porta-power with spreader jaws to get the springs out of the crossmembers. That was on T cars, never removed a TT spring as of yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 09:41 pm:

Well, I finally got those bolts out with a breaker bar and a five foot piece of tubing for a long handle. Also got the rear end disconnecred from the frame. So now that all the bolts are out, how do I remove the springs? I whanged away on them with a 12 pound hammer and didn't seem to move a thing. The Ford service manual covers only the car on this, not the truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 10:34 pm:

Bump on the back side of the spring eye downward.See if anything will come out that way.Be carefull not to damage the eye.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Brown on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 11:03 am:

Steve, I found that it was impossible to get all the leaves out as one unit - you have to work on one and get it out first. Try tapping each leaf sideways and see if any are looser. Then work on this one tapping sideways each way, and at the same time put some end pressure on it using a bar down the bolt hole angled on to that leaf. It takes a while but you should be able to get one progressively looser and the rest are easier after that. It worked for me anyway - hope this helps. Just be careful - some of them can be a slightly different curvature and they can have a lot of pressure still on them and come out with a bang!

Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 09:58 pm:

As Junior the Mean Widdle Kid used to say, "I dood it!" Jeff, your suggestion of pounding a leaf from side to side did the trick. A good soaking of Kroil and a lot of pounding got 'em out. Turning the frame bottom side up was helpful too. Everything's off the frame now, so I can sandblast it this weekend and start painting and reassembling all the pieces.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Brown on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 10:20 pm:

Steve - good to hear. Slow down man - you'll be passing me any minute and I have been battling with mine for about 3 months!! Getting close to getting the chassis back together and on its wheels though.
Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Bishop on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 02:01 pm:

I am working on a TT worm drive rearend. Can somebody tell what size the threads on the spring shackles are?? I need to chase the threads on them. They are larger than 1/2" and are fine thread. Also looking for some wood fellows for the wheels and rims. Thanks, Harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 10:31 pm:

Some photos I found in a box today.....Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 10:58 pm:

Harold, if I knew where my pitch gauge was I'd measure the threads on some TT shackles for you. If nobody comes up with an answer here you may want to shop for a gauge. They do come in handy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Frink on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 12:00 am:

You know, just a thread pertaining to the TT would be all you need. Even the T guys could listen in that way...........

Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration