Window glass question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Window glass question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 10:31 am:

I have the dimensions and drawings for the side windows for my '25 Tudor, but they are a little confusing. They give 2 dimensions for each side. Is the shorter dimension to the beginning of the radiused corner? Help me here, my glass people want clearification before they cut.

Thanks Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnie on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 10:39 am:

Tim:

I would think that you have the base dimension in the horizontal. Then at the width specified construct two vertical lines to this base horizontal line. The lengths of these two vertical lines are the dimensions specified. Now you need to connect the ends of the two vertical lines to finish the glass. This top line will not be parallel to the base line. Next a 1/8 radius needs to be constructed at all corners and a 45 degree angle made on the base horizontal line of the glass. I hope this helps.

Arnie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Paul on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 10:53 am:

The two dimensions for each side are the tolerance band. The cut dimension should fall within these. They are the upper and lower allowable dimension for the side. Example, the bottom dimension of the G-122 18502 is 24-15/32 - 24-17/32. That means 24-1/2 +/- 1/32.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Jeandrevin on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 12:46 pm:

Thanks Dave,
That makes sense now.

Tim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration