Unknown hood

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Unknown hood
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Daw on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 02:51 pm:

While working toward my Dad's estate auction www.tomdaw.com, I have found an aluminum hood that I am seeking information on. It is non-ventilated, is 21 1/2" from front to back, 18" accross the top (9" from hinge to middle, 9" from middle to other hinge) and the side panels are 16" tall. The panels are fairly flat. There is a handle on each side panel. Would anyone recognize this hood?
It is on the web site under "Various Parts." It is 5 rows down and the second picture from the left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 03:10 pm:

Vents didn't appear until 1915. That looks like a '14 or earlier Ford hood. Someone flattened out the top panels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel Leipold on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 03:11 pm:

With out going home to check on the hood on my 1910 T, I would say it is a 1909-10 Model T Ford hood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken - SAT on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 04:07 pm:

LOL... If you're now talking about the top row, left that's a pre-15 aluminum hood. It's missing the center rod but doesn't look like it's flattened all that bad. There's riveted formers under the top panels. The handles are cast.

By the way, the edges can be repaired.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration