No problems this time

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: No problems this time
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john curry on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 11:52 pm:

we had a beautiful day here, in the pacific northwest, and i fixed those problems i was having, and dave got a new steering wheel, so we had to get out and drive. ohhh it felt so good. a few pics we took. john

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 03:13 am:

John, Looks awful cold to me. Nice Rides...great photos. My brother lives in Renton, he is jealous of my T. Hey, mom loved him best so we are even.
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 03:25 pm:

Hi John - Great photos! Kathy and I are in Maryville, TN. (near Knoxville) visiting our #1 Son and daughter-in-law and grandkids. Have not been keeping up with the forum since we left nearly a month ago. We're awaiting the birth of our grandson and great grandson, both of which should be born almost within a week of each other. Also, a great grandaughter was born down here two weeks ago! G'ma and I think there must be "something" in this Tennesee water!

Also visited our #3 Son and daughter-in-law and grandkids in San Antonio enroute; Son Dan (USAF Captain) has "orders" for Iraq and is to report there March 1st, so visited him for a week too.

Was sure surprised to see your smiling face in those great "T" photos, and also nice to see that those "wimpy" little running board brackets haven't broken off yet! Ha, Ha,.....just kidding you John; I know those origional forged brackets are a lot stronger than they look!

By the way, great photos of "our mountain" too! The kids moved here to the Southeast You can see the from Battleground, WA. a couple years ago so I'll be sure to show them the pictures as see if I can make them homesick! Also, my Son Tom here also has a kinda' soft spot in his heart for Model T Fords too! My roadster was one of the first cars he ever drove when we bought it where we lived in Deer Lodge, Montana about 30 years ago!

Say "hi" to the guys in the club for me and I'll see ya' at the April breakfast meeting,..........Harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 11:29 pm:

John,

We must have been driving on different roads together. LOL

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john curry on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 01:11 am:

hey harold, have been thinking about you and we all wonder how you are doing. great news about the ggkids, i have a ggdaughter too. is really good to hear from you, and will say hi to all from you. did you get the pictures of your car i emailed to you. you might have left befor they got there. all right, will hope to see you in april and i hope to be driving to it this time. be good and be safe, john

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john curry on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 01:18 am:

hi bob, we may meet one of these days, dave and i are both members of the carbon canyon mod. t club. those shot were taken up in the buckley area. today was nice too, and i split wood, some days ya win and some, well, somebodys gotta do the work. i'm new to mod. ts and have had my car since the first of december. have been fixing all kinds of things and its ready to drive, till it needs fixin again. hope to see you on the road, john

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Stanzione on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 01:23 pm:

Hi Harold,

Sounds like your family is growing pretty quickly.

I live in Knoxville TN, not far from where you are. We have a club here with 25 or so members and about 40 T's. If your son is interested in hooking up with any of us to look over our T's or gain knowledge of where he might find a good one around here as well as enjoy a lot of fun with us, just have him message me and I will hook him up. We have several members in Maryville and Alcoa area as well.

Hope you enjoy your visits to our wonderful East Tennessee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 11:24 am:

Hi Tom,

My son Tom would LOVE to become involved with Model T Fords and our hobby, if only he had time. After raising a son and a daughter (our first two grandchildren, now raising famlies of their own), our son and daughter-in-law Kirsten have, over a period of time, adopted 5 Downs Syndrome children, the sweetest, happiest and most well behaved little chidren you ever saw! Two of them are Russian twin girls that are now 12, and would have ended up in a Russian insane asylum had our kids not adopted them when they were 5 yrs. old. (two years of "red tape" and two trips to Russia for that adoption). Another is a little Korean girl (Bethaney) who witnessed her biological mother commit suicide.

After the five adopted Downs Syndrome children, little Molly, now a year and a half old came along and was born as a complete but wonderful surprise, and she is about to get a little brother who will be born any day now. (Daughter-in-law Kirsten says that God has a sense of humor!) And that's why "Grandma" & I are here in Maryville, Tennessee right now, to greet the new little guy.

Anyway, as you can imagine, Son Tom and his wife are very, very busy, all the time. It is our hope that some day, things will slow down enough for Tom to become involved in this Model T Ford "disease" that we are all aflicted with, however, it just might have to wait until Tom and his brothers inherit "the ol' man's" Model T's. Someone on this forum some time ago said that he really
felt more like a "caretaker" than owner of his Model T's, and that he was just taking care of his little piece of American history to pass on to someone else. That's how G'ma and I feel about our two '23's; that we're just aking care of them for our four sons and grandkids.

I have the two '23's, and a perfect frame for the beginning of a speedster I'd like to build, and, would you believe, I've got Grandma, my wife, convinced that someday, we need to acquire a nice depot hack that some of those grandkids will fit in. And, besides that, we have the four sons, and to be fair, the speedster, plus the two '23's, plus a depot hack would make four Model T's; one for each son, and maybe the depot hack for Son Tom to take those Downs Syndrome kids for rides, right?

Is that about the most "lame" excuse for "accumulating" a stable of Model T's that you ever heard, or what? (actually,.....most of us Model T "nuts" will agree that no excuse is needed, right?)

Anyway, all of this to say thanks Tom for the "invite" for my son here in Knoxville (Maryville), and believe me; he has the Model T "disease" like the rest of us; he just doesn't have the time right now. (I got him hooked on old Fords when he was a kid).

Thanks again Tom; you and many others that I have never met yet seem like friends, and that's one of the reasons that I enjoy this forum so much,........Regards,......harold

P.S. Thanks also to Bruce McCalley (not sure I spelled that right) for making sure that I did not miss your post Tom.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration