1915 Coupelet Production

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: 1915 Coupelet Production
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 11:06 pm:

Someone told me recently that the 1915 Coupelets were produced only until about March of '15. Then production resumed in November of '15 with the '16 model. Does anyone have any info to either verify or refute this? If it is correct, do you know just when the '15 model's production stopped?

Thanks for any info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 09:22 am:

Contact Mark Cameron at <http://www.brassera.com/>.

He's working on a '15 Coupelet project and should know the source of the documentation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 10:03 am:

Warren -- That's a good idea. Mark is the one who told me that. :-)

He said he got that info from Trent Boggess but he didn't know just when the production stopped, whether it was at the beginning or end of March or sometime during the month. I emailed Trent about it a couple of days ago but haven't heard anything from him.

The reason it's important to me is the Coupelet I now have has had a later engine put in it, and I'm replacing it with a '15 engine. The cast date on the "new" engine is 2-24-15, so its build date would be in early March. As long as the Coupelets were produced into the first week of March (or later), I'll be OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Otto baron on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 02:33 am:

I thought they wew also produced in 1916 as well. I think it was the sedan that wasn't produced in 1916.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 08:38 am:

Otto you are correct. However this is addressing only the 1915 model year run. Later, they cranked up production for the '16 model year and some of those bodies were even carried over into 1917. I knew of one '17 Coupelet with 16 rear fenders and '17 fronts (folding top model just like in '15 & '16). I don't know if anyone has the production dates for '16 Coupelets. I think Mark Cameron was only interested in the '15 production numbers and dates so he could find a motor for his project that fell in the correct time period.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Kiefaber on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 11:53 am:

Otto: The sedan was in fact produced in 1916, it was changed to the all steel body.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration