A lady needs help.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: A lady needs help.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 07:22 pm:

There is a lady whoe's husband recenty passed away after collecting things of interest for many years. She has several old cars, 20 very old outboard motors, lots of Dooling and such cast metal model race cars with McCoy and Dooling engines as well as the smaller ones with smaller engines, all in excellent condition. A huge collection of early model airplane engines including a Morton M5 some twins and even and old big Brown from the 1930's. Rajo four and eight valve heads and all sorts of stuff mechanical stuff like inboard marine engines and even a lot of model steam engines made of brass both stationary and marine.

She is not sure what she wants to sell. I am posting this because she will be at the San Diego Swap Meet and you can contact here there. I have no interest in any of her collection. She thinks it is all very valuable. I told her what it was all most likely worth and she did not believe me or at least did not want to believe me.

Anyway, she has an unmolested 1915 T roadster as shown below. she said it had a Ruckstell but it did not have one. The engine is 1920's with a started but she has the 15 engine. The engine does not run. She thinks it is worth $12,000 and I told her that $5,000 was more like it even with the center mount wire wheels. She also has a Chevrolet 490 Touring complete with no paint, upholstry or finish and she thinks it is worth $12,000.

She wants $2000 each for the four valve Rajo head and the Rajo Commercial head with one intake and four exhausts.

I believe that she is up for an awakening but if anyone is in the Los Angeles basin area and has an interest, drop me a line and I will give you her name and address and phone number. She is not on the internet.

I believe that her husband told her that the stuff was worth a lot of money when he bought it so as not to have to sleep on the driveway in the rain . .

15 T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken - SAT on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 09:22 pm:

So you're saying the car alone is worth $3000? I see $2000 worth of wheels! Add a spare engine, a complete straight looking car with top bows and a good looking radiator and you're talking some $7-8k in round numbers. Maybe not $12k but certainly worth more than $5k.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Harlamoff on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 10:08 pm:

I have to agree with Ken. The wire wheels are worth 2-3K. The car looks solid with the correct chassis parts. $8K would be a good deal.
The Rajo heads are worth the 2k, no problem if they have a good deck and are not cracked. I saw one sell at Bakersfield last year for $1800. Naturally, one would like to pay less, but with the dollar so weak these days, foreign buyers are taking up the slack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 10:14 pm:

So send me your request and I will give you the particulars. I have sent many messages today on this site and am sure she will sell what she wants to sell with no trouble. I just don't need what she has. I spent five hours there and a half of a tank of diesel for no reward. I am just the informer . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 10:16 pm:

By the way, the wheels are rusty and have no hub caps. Are you sure you want to go that far ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Monty on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 10:55 pm:

Frank is pulling everybody's leg...he knows full well what everything is worth...he likes to get everybody in an uproar...next comes the smiling pig...nice try Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 11:05 pm:

No, this is not a joke. The lady wants to sell and does not know the true value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 11:10 pm:

Auction sales typically show the true value of things. Maybe you could recommend a good auctioneer to her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Lillo Calgary on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 12:12 am:

I am sure that Stan Howe would be up for an auction down that way this time of the year.
I have attended a couple of Stan's auctions and I believe he is one of the best I have seen. He knows his business and more importantly he knows the stuff that he is selling if it a fine antique, rusty Model T overhead valve engine or a piece of china. She might want to talk to him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 01:01 am:

Thank you, I will tell her about Stan.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration