Valve lifters

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Valve lifters
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Jeffers on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 07:35 pm:

I need a set of lifters that are made for push rods on my RAJO.
Anyone know who to contact?
I checked with Bill Stipe with no luck.

Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Houston, Broken Arrow, OK on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 08:22 pm:

Joe, I have heard of folks replacing the adjusting bolt with an allen head bolt modified with a ball cutter tool to fit your push rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Bergmann on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 10:46 pm:

My reproduction RAJO B (alum) came with sleeves that slide over the lifters and the valve stems.
I reckon these wouldn't be too hard to make.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth Chaffin on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 11:28 pm:

We currently make a threaded pushrod cup (5/16 ball)that replaces the adjustment bolt on the adjustable lifters sold by most vendors for this very application. If interested, please contact me at my e-mail address. I would not want to be accused of using the forum for purposes other than intended. Seems it has been an issue lately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JeffCordes on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 11:49 pm:

I use Ford y block, aka 312 lifters, They are .5 inch diameter and close to the right length. So you have to machine the block to fit them but not much. They are cupped on top so they work great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth Chaffin on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 11:50 pm:

For the sake of providing information to those involved in the hobby, I will provide a photo of the same.
RAJO Lifter Cup

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration