Kim Dobbins, another question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Kim Dobbins, another question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 11:07 am:

Kim:

Can you tell me if part number 806 (clutch lever)has part number 858 (transmission clutch lever roller) attached?

If so, how many rollers are installed in part number 806. If only one roller is installed in part number 806 which hole? Part number 806 has three holes, one large and two small. I assume the large hole is for the clutch shaft. Would it be correct to assume that the roller is installed in the smaller hole nearest the ground when the part is installed in a vehicle if only one roller is installed in that part?

I am looking through books and cannot get a good handle on how the early two pedal/lever units went together.

Thanks,

Arnie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 12:57 pm:

Yes, the roller is attached. There is only 1 roller as part of 806 There are 3 holes in 806 the large one is for the clutch, another for 861, the reverse lever connection and the third hole is for 858, the trans clutch roller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnie on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 01:22 pm:

Kim:

Thanks for the rapid reply. On page 46 of Bruce's book is this the roller he refers to? It's hard for me to visualize this when I do not know what I am looking for in the first place!

Thanks,

Arnie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 02:00 pm:

Kim:

When I got my magnifying glass out and looked at the upper right picture on page 46 of Bruce's book it looks to me like the control rod coming from lever 806 goes to the clutch pedal tab.

But your information indicates that it is to the reverse lever connection. Bruce's book also mentions the roller in the "reverse cam lever".

I thought the reverse function connected to the long lever next to the rear brake lever. I thought the reverse function was done by use of that lever, but now I am not sure what I know! I thought the 806 lever was used in part to provide a neutral so that low and reverse could work in the transmission.

Confused,

Arnie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 02:46 pm:

Arnie, The only roller in the system is #858. On Page 46, the rod closest to the center of the car is the reverse lever rod. The rod to the left connects the trans clutch lever (806) to the clutch pedal. Those pictures are of engine #77 Which belongs to the county of Los Angeles. One may ask why they own a 2 lever T engine but thats subject for another day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 06:11 pm:

Kim:

Again thanks for the rapid reply. That picture of yours sure helped me.

Yes the pictures on page 46 show a frame that ends just after the transmission. That made me think that it was some sort of display. Also please look at the center picture on page 46 and then the top picture on page 70. I think the page 70 picture with the reverse/high lever located between the frame rail and the quadrant (#309), is correct, rather than the page 46 picture that has the reverse/high lever to the outside of the quadrant. (in fact both long levers are shown to the outside of the quadrant on page 46).

Am I correct in assumming that page 70 has the correct location for the 868 and 873 levers?

Thanks again,

Arnie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 10:48 pm:

Yes, page 70 is correct.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration