Foot Pedal Adjustment to fit floor board slots

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2005: Foot Pedal Adjustment to fit floor board slots
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph L. Teaford on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 04:03 pm:

My left foot pedal is leaning too far to the Left,

to fit into the floor board slots.

To straighten it, can I bend it cold or do I need to heat it?

Thank you for your help.

Ralph, A 27 in the Forties but a 24 now

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Jeffers on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 04:07 pm:

I just did mine a few minutes ago and I put a little heat to make it easier.
I didn't heat them red hot. Just enough to bend.
Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 04:17 pm:

I've done it cold, with a pipe wench.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 05:07 pm:

Iíve done it cold with concrete when I accidently let the engine roll off the cart. Good news it was a low cart and I slowed the fall down some.

Anonymously submitted,

(name with held to protect the guilty) 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC. (I know -- the name is still at the top ... but the thought is there)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 05:16 pm:

I just got finished adjusting the low pedal on my 1912 using a pair of pipe wrenches. No heat necessary, they bend very easily.

Royce

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration